Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys so i just picked up some leather seats, but i just got the covers so i can swap mine. I know there is a DIY, but i still don't know how to get the head rest things out of the seat. Not the head rest it's self, but the actually slots the headrest goes into. Any help will be greatly appreciated because i am stumped. lol

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have advice?

·
Registered
658 Posts
its just like the DIY says, you gotta take the back cover plastic off, and get up in there with needle nose pliers or a strong flathead, and theres a V snap that you gotta push in while pushing the whole thing up, its a PITA, but it does come out

·
Registered
652 Posts
very true, I did this 2 weeks ago, once you get the first clip out, the rest are cake.

I love the way the turned out, and they are sooo freakin comfy in the car. lol after I finished the first seat my cat ran in the room, jumped in the seat, and slid off into the wall.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told this is what your suppose to squeeze together.. ....

correct?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok simple enough. What about the plastic peice with the recline lever on it. How do i take that off? I got the other side off, but this side seems like it will break because of the lever. Thanks for the help BTW guys.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I hate working on interior parts cuz i always break somthing...good luck.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does the whole thing pop off though because it doesn't seem to want to come off on the back side. So it just snaps on and off after you take the screws out huh. Maybe i just need to stop being scared of breaking shi* and just do it haha

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hate working on interior parts cuz i always break somthing...good luck.
yea i already broke one of the clip's on the back plastic piece.. . . ..don't ask how because i'm not 100% sure haha

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oopps i though you were referring to the top lever...
for the bottom one remove all the screws you see,
yea i did that, but after that is it just clipped in? In the DIY it didn't look like they came completely off. Looked like toward the back of the seat is still on there

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
man i can't remember whether i took it out completely or not...see if you can work on getting stuff off.
yea i will give it another shot tomorrow and hit you up on here with my progress. Once i figure out one seat the other should be cake. Thanks for all the help so far man and being pateint with me blowing you up with PM's haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts