Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Symptoms--need diagnosis

722 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  dlanes 
#1 ·
I've had a CEL for awhile. I got the code read and the kid said it was an emissions leak. The other day I needed gas, got it, and when I went to turn my car on it kept stalling out. Today, I went and got gas and after I was done I had the same problem. I can only get the car to stay on when I mash the gas at the same time I'm starting it. Any ideas as to what would cause that problem?

5 speed V6 btw.

Thanks!!

#4 ·
Don't know if this will help but I was having similar problems when my MAF went bad. Starting up i needed to get on it and any time I was idling it would be rough or stall. The lower the gas got the worse it was it seemed like. I had originally thought it was bad gas.

#7 ·
Please read first post, if you haven't before...
To kind of update, about 2 months ago my CEL just went away. I was degreasing the engine after changing the oil and when I went to start her up the CEL just disappeared. Well that's always a good sign, yay!! So I drive it for a few days and when I filled up with gas it started just fine. Now about 2 or 3 weeks ago I was driving home from work and the CEL just came on again and now I have the same starting problems ONLY after I get gas.

Sooo what I've learned is that the problem only occurs when I'm throwing a code, and has the ability to fix itself/ not be a problem but IDK how to make it choose to do that. Any help?

#9 ·
I was going to suggest this as well but you beat me to it. It has a two prong clip and the purge valve is small and round connected to the a hose that comes from below to the tb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.