Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok now i have had a problem with 2nd gear just POPING out of 2nd gear into neatural and it also grinds when i try to shift into 2nd. now i saw a truck show where a truck had the same exact problem as me and they said its the sycros outa wack and it also could be the shift fork. now does anyone know if those are covered under warranty past the 12,000mi clutch warranty?? also how much work and how much would it cost to get this done if its not covered under warranty?? and i had to have my clutch replaced under warranty once already. and help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
ok now i have had a problem with 2nd gear just POPING out of 2nd gear into neatural and it also grinds when i try to shift into 2nd. now i saw a truck show where a truck had the same exact problem as me and they said its the sycros outa wack and it also could be the shift fork. now does anyone know if those are covered under warranty past the 12,000mi clutch warranty?? also how much work and how much would it cost to get this done if its not covered under warranty?? and i had to have my clutch replaced under warranty once already. and help would be appreciated.
Bad syncro is coverd under warentee. I had a bad syncro in 3rd gear and at first they didnt want to belive me and they said nothing was wrong but then i made them drive around the block with me and showed them.

They ended up giving me a brand new tranny :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
My 6spd grinds a little when going into 2nd from 1st most of the time, and sometimes during the shift from 2nd to 3rd it feels like it was barely in 2nd (though never actually pops out on its own).

I was hoping a tranny oil change would fix the issue... but maybe it's something more serious?

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
Oh you can bet it's probabyly something serious. The problem is getting the rump rangers at Hyundai to actually drive it and see if they can replicate your complaints. Every time I brought mine in they just "well, our guy drove it for about 15 miles and couldn't hear/feel anything... blah,blah,blah"

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh you can bet it's probabyly something serious. The problem is getting the rump rangers at Hyundai to actually drive it and see if they can replicate your complaints. Every time I brought mine in they just "well, our guy drove it for about 15 miles and couldn't hear/feel anything... blah,blah,blah"
Just go in the shop and make one of the mechanics get in your car with you and take him around. thats what i did

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
from 2 to 1st gear it should grind if you're moving faster than about 9-10mph. it's the syncros defending your gearbox..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts