Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched long and hard, but can't find anything definitive, and HMA won't work on my computer.

Can someone please tell me the exact location of the tach signal wire behind the main gauge cluster?

Thanks!

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much! I must've missed that posts... I found about 2 dozen of where it is at the ECU, but I didn't want to have to a extend a wire and dig in that deep!

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Yay for another question answered!

+1

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
good call good call

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My mom got me a summit racing shift light for christmas off ebay... not something I really wanted, but obviously she couldn't return it. Ended up putting it inside a vent, so its not tacky and sticking out. Thanks again!

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll take a picture or video for you later tonight. It's set back into the passenger side vent in the center console. I wanted it in the driver side vent, but the tube turns too quickly, and it wouldn't fit.

I'd stay away from the summit light in particular, its not nearly as bright as I thought it would be.. the autometer lights are MUCH brighter. I have a feeling this will be all but useless in direct sunlight.

·
Banned
1,154 Posts
I got a cheapo proform shift light on ebay. I didn't want to just mount it on the dash either, so I took it apart, took out the bulb, extended the leads and soldered in a resistor and led. I mounted the led in the flat spot in front of the gauge cluster and mounted the body of the shift light under the dash. In the day time it's just enough of a flash to catch your attention... it's definitely noticeable at night.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have used this for the past 2 years in my Altima:

http://www.raptorperformance.com/

Nothing short of awesome, about the size of a roll of dimes and clearly visable in direct sunlight. Will be removing and mounting in my Tib shortly since the Altima is for sale. I recommend red leds as it cuts through sunlight (sun is extra bright here in FL). Ran me $85 at local shop.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
That actually looks good IMO.

...oh, wait... it reminds me of something....

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes.. it looks like your vent lights... what else would a light inside the vent looks like... Only difference is mine only comes on at the redline :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts