Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finally decided since i dont have the time anymore im taking my car to a shop on friday and they will finish my turbo install, and install my gauges and dyno it. no dyno tuning yet since im waiting on tc to send me the mafterburner 2. so stay tuned hopefully friday night if they finish it in 1 day. they quoted me at about 6hrs.

but when its done my friends think it will be badass... plus my engine and turbo will love norcal weather since its usually cold here. so i cant wait!

·
Registered
639 Posts
good luck man. finally!

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
So how are they supposed to dyno it after the install if you're not going to have your mafterburner? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so heres an update...

the shop manager went to sema on tuesday and will be back saturday, and the reason the car wasnt finished was because of the whole upper oil pan and they had to figure out a way to either take it off w/o pullin the motor and or tranny. and so i guess they figured it out. and it should be done hopefully by end of next week after he comes back from sema... (i alrdy knew he was going to sema too ahead of time)

and 05gt im getting it dynoed not dynoed tuned... so they can dyno it and then once i get the mafterburner which is whenever tc gets them then ill have them install it and dyno tune it later

·
Registered
898 Posts
sungeun6985 said:
ok so heres an update...

the shop manager went to sema on tuesday and will be back saturday, and the reason the car wasnt finished was because of the whole upper oil pan and they had to figure out a way to either take it off w/o pullin the motor and or tranny. and so i guess they figured it out. and it should be done hopefully by end of next week after he comes back from sema... (i alrdy knew he was going to sema too ahead of time)

and 05gt im getting it dynoed not dynoed tuned... so they can dyno it and then once i get the mafterburner which is whenever tc gets them then ill have them install it and dyno tune it later
So your going to drive it around for awhile untuned??? Kind of risky if you ask me. Make sure to stay out of boost for that time... Also, do you have a wideband???

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DarkSouledSRT said:
So your going to drive it around for awhile untuned??? Kind of risky if you ask me. Make sure to stay out of boost for that time... Also, do you have a wideband???
not a while im not even going to drive it prolly like more then 5 times. and yea i have a aem uego wideband controller and not jus display.

if u wana see my list of mods jus in case u were wondering what i had u can see it here:

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1489791&postcount=1

·
Registered
898 Posts
sungeun6985 said:
not a while im not even going to drive it prolly like more then 5 times. and yea i have a aem uego wideband controller and not jus display.

if u wana see my list of mods jus in case u were wondering what i had u can see it here:

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1489791&postcount=1
nice. can't wait to see the final results. all the hankook people are going to be like wow ㅁㅓ 시 서, lol.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DarkSouledSRT said:
nice. can't wait to see the final results. all the hankook people are going to be like wow ㅁㅓ 시 서, lol.
lol yea right... most of the hangkook people my age arnt into hyundais... they all about jdm. there are a few i knew who will say muh se suh

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I personally wouldn't get a dyno without having a way to tune. You may just blow it up..

Can someone really be this clueless... I'm not trying to be mean, but this is just dumb...

·
Banned
312 Posts
Are you ****ing retarded, I mean really. Yea, go ahead and let them do a WOT run under load, without tuning. Better have TC send you a motor while he's at it.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ive talked to tc... he said to drive it at no boost to low boost for about 10 miles worth. then after that i can actully boost it.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
sungeun6985 said:
ive talked to tc... he said to drive it at no boost to low boost for about 10 miles worth. then after that i can actully boost it.
Alright... TC knows best...

You savin up for that clutch?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
u know it... but im not sure which brand to get... all i knwo is that a stg3 will work for me but yea what companies for clutch is good and reliable?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well ima see if the shop will let me put the car on the dyno for about 10 miles worth to give the car time to adjust... they said it should be done thursday and rdy for dyno

1 - 17 of 17 Posts