Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking the Elantra to the track, any tips on how to get the most performance out of my ride?

I am going to put in some octane booster from auto zone, take out my air filter and take out the seats and just sit on a milk crate. Anything else?

How do I launch?

I raced some people on the streets and took out a twin turbo vette (no joke, this car runs strong) and I caught up with some vipers (6 of them!) out near the daycare center and we raced and I beat 4 of them and I missed a gear trying to avoid some kids and lost to the other 2.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am going to drain the oil and transmission fluid to lighten it up. i was told it is safe to do as long as you do not run it like that for more than 50 miles.

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
redlines are only there because the car goes into hyper mega black hole fast when above it.

**** the rev limiter

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Giant NOS sticker on the front windshield it must be big enough you have trouble seeing out of the window otherwise wise you are not track worthy

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think i am going to put

CHEVY on top of the windshield

and

SILVERADO on the bottom of the windshield

and leave a small area to see out of like the truck that i passed this morning had. he seemed to be extra fast wtih those windshield banners on and it also prevented any confusion on what he was driving. at first i thought, what in the world is that thing? is it a squirrel, is it a hamburger with onions, is it a 26 story building? Oh wait, it is a chevy silverado, whew! i would have been stumped all day had he not displayed those banners on his truck.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i have also heard if you put a hole in you exhaust you can gain about 50hp and 3 seconds off the 1/4 mile time

·
Registered
72 Posts
Simple, just use the F&F super-move. While on the track, yank the e-brake and power slide down into a corner, then put the car in neutral, rev hard enough to rip the needle past the red line, put the damn car in gear and hold on! Chances are, you'll be shooting out of the corner at MACH4 speeds!

...maybe.

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
you must have forgotten the greatest mod of all time. the cavalier

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
very good tips!!! keep the info coming guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts