Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going home to work on my car again this weekend. I need to tap the oil pan. I've heard that this cant be done with the stock flywheel. Is it possible if I don't have a lightweight flywheel? Any tips or explanations of the process would be great.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i dont see why someone would have told u it couldnt be done with the stock flywheel, u tap it on the other side of the engine by the crank pully/ ac compressor area, just take off the lower oil pan, then u can drill it while the aluminum pan part is still on the car, u can JUST fit a drill in there to do so. if ya dont know what i mean i can send u the directions from RIPP

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I don't know why I was told that. It had something to do with the fact that the flywheel made it too hard to get the oil pan off. Something along that line. But, taking off the lower oil pan and drilling the upper one seems easy enough.

·
Registered
355 Posts
weird... that makes no sense at all. If u need them let one of us know. Also make sure u get the new revised directions!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Carrera1984 said:
weird... that makes no sense at all. If u need them let one of us know. Also make sure u get the new revised directions!
Carrera, if I could use your knowledge later to tune this thing it would be greatly appreciated. It'll be modified to recirculate with alky injection, CAI, reflashed ECU, zt-2 wideband, J&S safeguard, and an Apexi NEO.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
I can send you a nicer template for drilling the oil pan than the one that came with the RIPP instructions if you want. :2_wink:

And a right angle adapter for the drill makes things MUCH easier...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dzignr_tastz said:
I can send you a nicer template for drilling the oil pan than the one that came with the RIPP instructions if you want. :2_wink:

That would be great! I'm going home tonight. My email is [email protected]

thanks.

·
Registered
345 Posts
dzignr_tastz said:

i'd like a copy as well if you have the time, and also, do you have the revised directions?

[email protected]

·
Registered
433 Posts
5$?!?!?! man i had to pay them 20 a yr ago, and the safc settings were still wrong. and it was just a burnt cd, 20 bux wouldnt have been that but if it was atleast a book with LOTS of pictures. but u dont even really need to directions to install it, atleast i didnt bother with them. other than for the oil return.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I basically bought a partial kit from a guy who was selling it on the boards here a while ago. It was missing a few things but it is a stage 2 and he threw in the boost cooler and injectors so I saved a ton of $$.
I have Kellydood helping me with the build and tune.
Thanks to you guys who did the Bypass valve upgrade recirc. system, I have faith in the SDS system.
My set up won't be done til spring though, there is alot more to going F/I than I thought!

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
i hate the place where they want you to tap the oil pan.. it's directly under the pulleys and ****... i moved mine to a spot right below the rear exhaust manifold, and put in steel braided hoses... MUCH nicer than the **** ripp did...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PewpMaster said:
i hate the place where they want you to tap the oil pan.. it's directly under the pulleys and ****... i moved mine to a spot right below the rear exhaust manifold, and put in steel braided hoses... MUCH nicer than the **** ripp did...
Did ripp do anything right? LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts