Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i was just thinking, would it be possible to go to a body shop and ask them to cut off the roof of the tib and somehow make brackets so you can take off and put on the roof, and to either get a special top or somehow get a sunroof delete.

Would this be possible? Can someone photoshop this?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
possible yes if u have lots of money

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
ive thought about that before. just a convertible instead. itd be a LOT of work.. and you could just put that money into a trans am that already has the T top.. haha

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i kno, but i wouldnt want a convertible, id want what the supra has, just the top that pops off. can someone please photoshop that?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
You would have to add a heck of alot of bracing to the top of the car to make up for the loss of structural integrity. Very costly.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
yeah there was a thread about this before. you need to put a bar up there or else the car will basically fall apart. the roof is an important part to our tibs structural integrity

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
eh.. i think its an awesome idea, but i think itd look better as a convert.
that car is super clean.. but its not my style..

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
that looks sooo bad. like completely wrong.

not just saying it because its a tib, but it does not look right.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
i agree with mikey and cougar.. it just seems like something is wrong..
just doesnt look good..

·
Registered
652 Posts
yeah the eclipse looked good. tib however didnt. maybe t tops with the middle connected? or if the windsheild went up and back alittle more idk. i would love T tops but that tib in the pic looked horrible

·
Registered
143 Posts
Agree, its not ''ugly'' but neither is ''beauty''.. I dont hit it :3_frusty:
Can someone post a photoshop of a convertible one? :3_marrysm

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
You basically would need to weld in a complete cage inside the car before doing this.

Like MIke said, it just doesn't look right. The length of the hatch and the overall dimensions on the Tib really make it not look right.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
LOL, targa hatchback... the reason it looks weird is because the tib isnt really a traditional coupe, per-se. its a swoopy hatchback. the rear comes up for headroom for the rear passengers.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.