Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I just picked up new Tein Coilovers for my 2003 Tiburon GT, and I was hoping for some input regarding the recommended height measurements when it comes to lowering. I don't know anything about how these work and t here isn't much info from the manufacturer to help so I'm looking for some advice.

I got them from someone on Facebook Marketplace for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING believe it or not!! So with that being said, there weren't any instructions to follow, etc. and the guy never installed them so they were sitting for some time. Apparantly they were special-ordered by him and he can't remember the details...Here's a photo of what I have:

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think Tein is still an active company so you could ask them or just find a video on YouTube.

When it comes to putting them on the first time. Put them on the softest setting and have the coilovers adjusted to = the stock height of the stock coilover and install them that way.
Test drive the car and if everything is good, bring the car back home, jack it back up and adjust the ride height/dampening how you like it.

I spent all evening doing this my first day just experimenting until I found what I liked

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Tein is still an active company so you could ask them or just find a video on YouTube.

When it comes to putting them on the first time. Put them on the softest setting and have the coilovers adjusted to = the stock height of the stock coilover and install them that way.
Test drive the car and if everything is good, bring the car back home, jack it back up and adjust the ride height/dampening how you like it.

I spent all evening doing this my first day just experimenting until I found what I liked
So with that being said, I’m going to assume that it isn't very hard to install these yourself?? I hope it's not too hard to do because I live in a pretty rural area and I know it's going to be one hell of a time getting to find someone who can do it.
BTW>> I got the install instructions from Tein via EMAIL. Wish me luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts