Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

My temperature gauge has been acting a little weird the last 2 days. Coolant temperature has been stable view OBD scanner while driving, ~89-91 C, however the temperature gauge on the dash will sometimes stay right before half where it should be or very move quickly from mid to red line and fluctuate in between. Hoses never feel hotter than they should be, no smoke or anything of the nature and the OBD scanner is always a steady 89-91 C

Anyone have any ideas?

'08 v6

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
That's really weird. At first I thought coolant temp sensor, but if the OBD is constant then the sensor should be fine. Sounds like the gauge itself is acting up somehow.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought I would update everyone.

Checked coolant and it was significantly low, topped it up and removed air. Same issue so I got a pressure tester and noticed there was a slow leak on the pressure coming from the radiator seals. Going to replace the radiator hoping it was just air in the system causing that issue

·
Registered
101 Posts
It should have. Thats a normal reaction in the temp gauge when the sensor goes from being submerged in liquid, to air. Ive seen that many times on a number of different vehicles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts