Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
List here what mods you are glad you did, hp gains and difficulty level. Do the same for mods you regret, hp gain/loss and difficulty level.

Injen SRI

1: Loved it, easy to install and took around 20 minutes.
2: Safe from hydrolock, nice gains across the RPM range
3: Difficulty level on scale from 1-5 is a 1. Very easy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ssa exhaust was a 2 only because the stupid bolts and nuts were like rusted stuck... but very easy took 45 minutes.
short shifter was also very easy did it in 15-25 minutes and i love those mods.
also had injen short ram. kicks ***\
multiguages were pretty easy as well. that was pretty easy after u learn to soder

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
new motor engine swap. diffaculty level of 5+ ...its all worth it when your done.
ripp S/C install....................diffaculty level of 3 it was not that hard.
replacing strut spring.........................level 3
changing clutch and flywheel...........level 5
installing widebody kit........................level 2
installing monitors in headrest.........level 3
installing catback exaust....................level 2
installing headers ...............................level 4
installing shark racing lambo kit.......level 3
installing B&M sts................................level 2
clear cornering headlights.................level 2
installing audio reciever n amplifiers..level 2
installing chrome door handles........level 2
installing cluster gauge......................level 1
installing A pillar gauges....................level 2
installing passenger side cup holder..level 2
installing carbon fiber hood................level 1
everything else.. in the car installed....level 1
the way my car looks after everything installed...... .PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
new motor engine swap. diffaculty level of 5+ ...its all worth it when your done.
ripp S/C install....................diffaculty level of 3 it was not that hard.
replacing strut spring.........................level 3
changing clutch and flywheel...........level 5
installing widebody kit........................level 2
installing monitors in headrest.........level 3
installing catback exaust....................level 2
installing shark racing lambo kit.......level 3
clear cornering headlights.................level 2
installing audio reciever n amplifiers..level 2
installing chrome door handles........level 2
installing cluster gauge......................level 1
installing A pillar gauges....................level 2
installing passenger side cup holder..level 2
installing carbon fiber hood................level 1
everything else.. in the car installed....level 1
the way my car looks after everything installed...... .PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok we get the point!!! LOL. Nice list though, I only wish...

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
BEST:

Rickna's Fog Mod:
Level 1 (EASY) on a 1-10 scale, and one of the most practical and useful mods I've done.

0 hp gain though.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Oh, might as well post a mod..

Ark Shorty Antenna

- Installation level = Easy
- Gains - It looks freaking awesome, and you get to ditch the fishing pole

·
Registered
89 Posts
Best
Door Chime Mod:
Level: Easy
Time: 5 min
HP Gains: 0
Sanity gains: Eleventy Billion. No more annoying dinging while the door is open.

·
Registered
419 Posts
SSA headers(if not listed already)
Difficulty: about a #3
gains: around 10 hp
love that mod
CAI: easy install about .5 hr. #2 level
easy HP!!
ported intake manifolds: about a #3
took awhile, not much gains except a more linear powerband and minimal top end power

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Best / worse mods hmmm...........
I think they're all a royal PITA so I guess I can't really say there are any BEST ones.

Modified: 1:59 am 3/18/07
Opps ...................... gotta read first post from now on.
Best CAI, STS, Borla
Worst ground cables​

·
Registered
765 Posts
best mod - removing the dinging bell noise box when the door is open and the keys are in the ignition... difficulty 1.5 gotta reach into a tight spot

worst mod - my headlights, got covered in silicone doing it lol...

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Hmmm, I'd say my favorites would be CC, HIDs, Basstib STS, I/E, shaded tails, and I still have to fine-tune my interior LEDs...

Although I think springs will be up there after I get them installed...

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts
Well, let's see here....I'll list in order my mods I have installed myself and consider to be the best bang for the buck mods.....I won't be scoring these as I think they all absolutely rock.

1. Clear corners - not one problem....followed the DIY and it went very smoothly except for breaking one tab, but it didn't affect putting back together the headlights at all. Best visual mod right out of the gate.....and it's the cheapest one you can do for the visual impact you get.

2. Misc DIY's such as fog light mod, gauge overlays, door chime mod, sub mod, matching silver interior pieces, etc....no problems at all except I was scared I was going to break some pieces trying to pry them loose. Now that I think of it, I did mangle one of my original window switch covers with a scredriver, but since it got replaced anyway, it didn't matter. Again, nice and cheap quality appearance and convience mods to set yourself apart...

3. B&M STS - my first install where I had to take apart anything significant. It went much more smoothly than I thought it would.....the only thing that concerned me was that the B&M STS base doesn't fit around our shifter plates without some grinding, or bending of the shifter plate, which is a bit of a pain, but no big deal really. Great for the improvement of the shifting

4. Injen SRI - Not one problem at all......easy install once I figured out the best way to get the filter past the battery was to take the battery out first. Still one of my favorite bang for the buck mods. I did get the PO171 and 174 CEL codes for a while in cold weather, but once I cleaned the MAF with electronic parts cleaner, and situated the MAF in the stock orientation, all the CEL's disappeared, never to return...yet anyway. Very nice gains in both sound and "seat of the pants" feel.

5. Injen exhaust - a no brainer.....if you know your left from your right, then this one is easy. Again, great sound and gains, especially when combined with the SRI.

6. RIPP Polyurethane Front Mount Insert -I had a member here that works for a Hyundai dealership do it.....the pressing the insert into the stock mount bracket was what I needed......that was the hard part. The easy part of simply reinstalling the whole assembly I did in 5 minutes. Not one problem with this install. Helps a fair amount with eliminating wheelhop, as long as you also remember to drop the tire PSI at the track. In retrospect, a full solid mount would work better in my estimation.

7. Nick Boers F/S Lightweight Crank Pulley - Yep, I chickened out and paid a shop to install it.....one hour later, it was done perfectly. Cost me an hours labor at shop rate, but I didn't get my hands dirty at all, which kind of sucked actually.....next time, I'd tackle this one on my own for sure I think. Definately a more linear feel to the uphifts and acceleration.....the Tib doesn't feel any faster, but it seems to rev a little faster when accelerating.

8. Eibach Pro Kit Springs: I did these with the help of an impact wrench and my brother in law......very easy to install, but of course I had a local shop do the hard work of compressing the springs and swapping out the eibachs on the stock struts, so no spring popping either due to them not seating properly. We put the strut/springs combo back in the car with no issues whatsoever. Much stiffer in the corners.....too bad the stock struts aren't up to the challenge.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
wow hahaha i saw this thread and was expecting to see "bms231... worst... he is a prick" or somethin like that. ok carry on.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
wow hahaha i saw this thread and was expecting to see "bms231... worst... he is a prick" or somethin like that. ok carry on.
Best / worse mods hmmm...........
I think they're all a royal PITA so I guess I can't really say there are any BEST ones.

Modified: 1:59 am 3/18/07
Opps ...................... gotta read first post from now on.
Best CAI, STS, Borla
Worst ground cables​

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Wow they resurected this old thread from the dead.
I have a new one converting a 05 returnless fuel system to a return system is a level 3. for you guys that are F/I. is not that hard.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Injen SRI difficulty level 1 Love the sound.

Chrome Door handles- tight quarters some weird angles getting at the bolts level 2

Oem high spoiler swap level 1- looks sooooo much better than the low. not much to it other than gettin a hold of the wire to disconnect the 3rd brake light so you dont have to cut the wire.

swap to metal fuel door level 2- only reason it gets level two getting that lil catch that latches the fuel door getting that off h thru the rubber boot that surrounds the gas nozzle was a pita

stage 4 upper and lower intake manifolds- the only reason i give this a 3 is cause your bascially removing the entire induction part of the engine. intake, tb, the manifolds, n the fuel rails. its not that its hard just a lil tedious. but soooo worth it. hell of a difference up top.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Here's just a few to add in...
Slotted Rotor Install: Level 2
SS Brake LIne Install: Level 1
AEM CAI Install: Level 1
AEM Bypass Valve Install: Level 2
BBTB Install: Level 2
Window Tint Install: Level 3
Windshield Wiper Install: Level 1
Headlight CC & Install: Level 1