Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought I would share my story with everyone. It makes you realize that life is just too short. Yesterday morning my mother and I were crossing an intersection when an 80 year old man blew a red light(excessively speeding) and nailed us. His car did a 360, jumped the curb and hit a tree with four passengers in his car. I wasnt wearing a seatbelt(which I know I should have been) and got slammed in the chest by the airbag and then I got thrown against the door. Other than a huge round burn mark around my chest, a scuffed up knee, and being excessively sore I am alright though. I sure won't be driving the Tib hard for some time and I plan on using the seatbelt more often. Its a 2005 BMW 325XI and let me tell you it can sure take a hit. Our car did not move but this got thrown around like a matchbox car. Anyways heres a pic.

·
Registered
911 Posts
that is totalled... look at the wheel.. major frame damage or camber damage for sure. Plus, parts for bimmers are HELLA expensive..... hope you can get something better with the insurance $$$! Btw, glad you're okay. heal up quick!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya I talked to the autobody that we had the car towed to and the guy honestly said that the insurance company was going to to total it. Both air bags deployed which ripped the dash apart and broke the vents. The impact from me hitting the door broke it. Plus it is AWD and the differential looks like a pretzel. Not to mention frame damage. BTW this isnt my car, its my moms.

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
:.peter.: said:
got any bigger/better pics? That thing is so tiny at first glance, i thought it had blue racing stripes... which don't look half bad
lol I thought so too looking at it originally.. Get some bigger pictures up, sorry to hear, glad your ok..it could've been worse

maybe you wanna pull "Ouch my back hurts, I need money" :3_puhbye:

·
Registered
6,085 Posts
i dont think he'd get much, seeing as he wasnt wearing a seatbelt...but the other guy did run a red, so idk...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I took those pics on my phone so they arent the best, but later on I will download a couple more and try to enlarge them. We got a call from the insurance company yesterday and they totalled it. He said that they were @ $15,000 worth of damage and just stopped. I haven no idea on how the passengers from the other car are. All I know is that they were driving a 1992 Ford Tempo which didnt have airbags. O and I told the cop I was wearing the seatbelt, and he was like ya thats why your chest hurts so much because when the airbag hit the belt it burnt your chest. I was like yup must have been. The insurance is trying to say that it was 50/50 so we have to fight that in court.

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
He ran the red light so I give it an 80/20 in court ;)

·
Registered
799 Posts
V6TibRacer said:
Just thought I would share my story with everyone. It makes you realize that life is just too short. Yesterday morning my mother and I were crossing an intersection when an 80 year old man blew a red light(excessively speeding) and nailed us. His car did a 360, jumped the curb and hit a tree with four passengers in his car. I wasnt wearing a seatbelt(which I know I should have been) and got slammed in the chest by the airbag and then I got thrown against the door. Other than a huge round burn mark around my chest, a scuffed up knee, and being excessively sore I am alright though. I sure won't be driving the Tib hard for some time and I plan on using the seatbelt more often. Its a 2005 BMW 325XI and let me tell you it can sure take a hit. Our car did not move but this got thrown around like a matchbox car. Anyways heres a pic.

i know how you feel

rear tires locked up in the rain.. hit a tree head on doin 45 at 12:30 in the morning

:(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.