Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Moonlighting Master
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*UPDATES WILL BE EDITS RATHER THAN POSTS, SO YOU'LL HAVE TO CHECK IN TO SEE THE LATEST INSTEAD OF DEPENDING ON BUMPS*...if you're interested, of course Haha!

www.Dupleman.co.uk

Alright everyone...buckle your seatbelts...we're going on a trip to the UK! Sorry in advance for the reserved posts. This is going to be a process and I want to keep everything together for easy-to-follow purposes. The Dupleman Individual is an NT Mini-Sponsor based out of the UK specializing in custom stitching and upholstering...they even do clothing if you're interested. Anyway, this thread will be dedicated to showing the entire process of the ordering cycle...and I'll offer myself up to be the "test subject." I've always admired their work, but have been reluctant to make a move since I don't know much about them. You may feel the same...so I've decided to put this thread together to clear the air of any confusion.

I'll be posting MANY updates on the process...hopefully you guys won't tire out from this thread but, as I said before, I think it's necessary.

Here are a few links to The Dupleman's threads demonstrating his team's superior upholstering skills:

Custom Interior Trimmed Parts:
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178246

Custom Tuscani/Hyundai Clothing:
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178200

Custom Stitched Headrest Emblems:
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178190

My order:

Custom door panels - Blue stitching, black leather above stitch line, black suede below stitch line, silver "Tuscani" stitching.

(Photoshop)

Headrest covers - The Tiburon has 2 different types of headrests. Type-1 is a standard foam with removable fabric while Type-2 is a fabric which has been injected by foam causing it to not be removable (Prices are different - see below). I have Type-2, so covers are necessary. The colors will be silver and blue on the "stretchy" fabric.

Passenger Headrest (Photoshop):

Driver Headrest (Photoshop):

Beanie Hat - The Dupleman just suggested a new design and I APPROVE. Since I wanted the emblem black for "ghosting" purposes, he suggested that I use the "T" without the circle but with "Tuscani" written underneath. This is going to look slick :)

Mission Plate - I'm so impressed by The Dupleman's work that I HAD to order a mission plate.

Prices:

Panels: $120 posted
Headrest covers (Pair): Type-1 $60 posted / Type-2 $25
Beanie Hat: $20
Mission Plate: $40

Originality = PRICELESS! :3_koning:

Stay tuned...Be sure to Subscribe! :3_got-hoo Haha!

·
Moonlighting Master
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Packaging & Shipping for Dummies:

As you know, shipping can get very expensive...so it's very important to ship using the smallest box possible in order to reduce costs. This becomes even more important when dealing with international posts, which I will be doing (UK). I searched, in my spare time, several days for a box that would accommodate the irregular shape of the door panels with no luck. So, I found an answer...I would create my own box by utilizing a pre-existing one. It's very simple...just grab yourself some packing tape (SPECIFICALLY) and a box/utility knife and I'll show you how.

I found a box that had the perfect length but was too tall and wide. Although, it fit in exactly 1 half of the box:

Cut top and bottom flaps to desired width:

Cut left flap in half, vertically:

Discard unused portion of the box and you're left with this:

Top and bottom flaps will be affixed first:

Longer flaps will be affixed last...and don't forget to create the right side of the box with excess cardboard:

Wrap panels...I chose newspaper:

Finish taping and you've got yourself a BOX! :bouncebounce: HAHA

Tape it VERY WELL because it's traveling a LONG distance!

Would you look at that...A "Build Your Own Box for Shipping" DIY! Haha

Shipping Rates:

These rates originate from the Seattle Airport (SEA) in Washington State.
Dimensions: 22in. X 12in. X 3in.
Weight: 4 lbs.

USPS First-Class Mail (5-7 days): $37.93 <--Paid
- If I would've gotten the sum of the box dimensions below "36", I would've only paid $27.93. Instead, the sum of my box dimensions (22+12+3) equaled 37...so she charged me extra like a B**CH! The good part is that I'm automatically covered with $75 worth of insurance :) If my box was smaller, I was told that I wouldn't be able to purchase insurance...

Fedex: $123 H*LL NO!!!

UPS: I didn't even want to know based off Fedex's charges. If I were to guess, though, it would be somewhere between USPS and Fedex.

You will be asked to fill out a US Customs form...Your name, description of contents, and signature...piece of cake :3_winkthu

·
Moonlighting Master
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Estimated Time-line:
(Pacific Standard Time)

Panels in USPS possession: 04-01-10 @ 4:30pm

Headrest covers and "Tuscani" writing sample completed: 04-07-10

The Dupleman received panels: 04-13-10 @ 7:32am

Volcanic activity in Iceland prevents incoming/outgoing flights to the UK. Not good for the time-line since certain individuals of The Dupleman's team flew out of the country for vacation. Not a big deal to me (I'm in no rush) but please consider this when evaluating your OWN timing when placing orders.

Beanie hat ordered: 04-21-10

Beanie hat completed: 04-24-10

The Dupleman's team members cleared for incoming flights back to the UK: 05-03-10

Mission plate ordered: 05-07-10

Mission plate completed: 05-14-10

Door panels completed: 05-19-10

COMPLETE ORDER SHIPPED from The Dupleman: 05-20-10

ORDER RECEIVED: 05-27-10 @ 12:59pm

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
thought id add my bit here...................

iv whipped the servants into action this morning,martin my designer now has the design and is drawing up the tuscani design as we speak(when he's finished il take the shackles off).we've checked the samples this morning of the suede and leather and its suitable mix so thats a problem we've overcome immediately,and im satisfied with the quality,so we are awaiting arrival of the door panels.im sure SB will keep you informed when he posts them il let you know when they arrive.
basically it now works like this
*Designer(martin) designs the tuscani letters*
*Designer(martin)transfers to disc for computer usage
*panels get delivered to the boss(dupe).i now compare colours etc to decide whats best*
*trimmer(john) removes the old trim*
*trimmer then measures up new trim,prepares*
*embroiderer(james) then takes panels and embroiders*
*trimmer then reconstructs panels*
*pictures to shadow blue for approval*
*trim is quality checked by john,myself and james*
*send back to shadow blue for approval*
*fully guaranteed for lifetime of ownership*

·
Moonlighting Master
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Panels were shipped TODAY! I'm excited! Has anyone else been considering shipping something to the dupleman?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
quick update....................
design of tuscani is sorted,drawn up and on disc,sample due for production 7/4/09 pics when done,headrest covers going for trim tomorrow,again design approved and sorted

·
Moonlighting Master
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I hope everyone can see how ridiculously amazing and professional the dupleman's work is! I can't wait to get this inside my car!

*SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES AND EDITS*

·
Moonlighting Master
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those door panels look good. Hmm sending you a PM Dupleman.
Buddy, the door panels you see in the thread starter are ones that I photoshop'd...they aren't actually finished yet.

PM the dupleman...see if he can create whatever it is you have in mind for yours :3_winkthu

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Buddy, the door panels you see in the thread starter are ones that I photoshop'd...they aren't actually finished yet.

PM the dupleman...see if he can create whatever it is you have in mind for yours :3_winkthu
I know man. But i like how the photoshop looks so i pmed the dupleman.

·
Moonlighting Master
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know man. But i like how the photoshop looks so i pmed the dupleman.
Oh, okay haha...I wasn't sure if you thought it was real or not. Just checking :3_shiny:

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
ha swimmerboy you take no notice.shadow blue still doesnt know when im joking or not.......he's only a beginner on the british humour thing...........told him if he's struggling go to 03redtuscani or brody57 for a translation lol

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
ok we got the panels this morning............im in belgium at the moment so nicola got them at 7.32 this morning(shadow blue not popular).......slight delay now as my trimming staff on holiday-shadow blue has been informed but we are all set for the measurig up stitching etc etc when John bothers to get back from holiday(IM PAYING TOO MUCH lol)

·
Moonlighting Master
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Iceland volcanic eruptions SUCK! Does mother nature hate what we're trying to accomplish here?...how inconsiderate of her! haha

1 - 20 of 207 Posts