Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to make this short since long threads suck. Basically, my procrastinations finally caught up with me!

Got caught speeding at 8:08AM Friday. Cop pulls me I give him lic/reg. He comes back and says there is a problem. My tag has a revoke order so he says he must take it with him unless I can provide proof of insurance cuz it lapsed back in June. I have proof but it's not a little piece of paper that is mailed out. The agent was on the phone, he makes me hang up with them and says that is not proof. :3_plzdie: He yanks my tag. (BTW, it was a personalized tag). Cops here were just authorized to do that a couple of months ago and I am one of the first victims. Oh, and your inspection is out.....and your window tint is too dark. 4 tickets. tint, speeding, no proof of ins, and inspection.

I had an emmisions block $250 fine. I needed new tires to pass inspection $270, needed a rental car $210, had to have my car towed home after getting it out of impound $230. needed an inspection $30. The look on my face as my car was towed and impounded.....priceless!

In order to get it inspected, I needed a tag. In order to get a tag, I had to get an inspection. Do you see a problem here??? NCDMV told me to put the rental car tag on the car to get it inspected....YES THAT IS WHAT THEY TOLD ME TO DO!!!! The inspector could NOT believe this so he had me call DMV so he could talk to them and DMV confirmed this!!

Tuesday, all is well. I have a temp. paper tag from DMV. I have to reapply for my personalized tag. My car is inspected and I have had my windows LEGALLY re-tinted.

And the moral of the story is.....don't get caught speeding thru a school zone and don't put Sh!t off cuz it catches up with you. Thank goodness for a g/f that supported me thru my weekend of Hell!

Sorry this was so long!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got paid the same day it happend. However, the majority of what I had to pay out was what i was saving to buy Christmas gifts with. That, plus I was going to get my headers and pulleys with part of it. It just sucked.

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,096 Posts
SuperSaiyan said:
yeah, I know. Those 25mph limits really creep up on you. I thought it was a 45mph zone.
I didn't know that school zones were 45mph. Or did you not know that you were near a school? If you were near a school, then you should have known that the speed limit was 25mph.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
that sucks. lots of bad luck right there.

BTW, you should change ur sig to LEGAL tint. lol.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
sorry to hear about your bad luck...I just went thru hell my self...got pulled over twice in the last 24 hours...I have temporary tags on my new ride and have been working an hour away from home...only one way in and out of the area and the local cops set up shot on the one road...first cop was cool and let me go on...second cop was a dick and cited me for my tint which was already on the car from previous owner...wasn't speeding either time or doing anything to draw attention to myself so kinda pissed about it all but life gets better as they say...

·
Registered
869 Posts
sheesh sucks to be you...i've been caught speeding through a school zone but i'm glad nothing like that happened...

·
Registered
330 Posts
now that is a story that you will be telling for a long time to come. i guess when bad things happen to you they really happen to you. sorry to hear about the @$$ cop that probably got picked on when he was a kid.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yellowwasabi said:
wow, I didn't know that those mailed out peices of paper were not counted as proof of insurance.
That is what he wanted...was the mailed out piece of paper....which I had not received from my insurance carrier yet. I had the agent on the phone and number written down. Based on what the pig...err...cop told me would not fly. He hung up my phone for me and ordered me to step out of the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts