Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys,
It has come to my attention that our current definitive exhaust sticky and our exhaust sound clip sticky (both now deleted) are very outdated, so i believe it is in order to start a new one worth some merit.

This thread is going to be a group effort with all the members of the site to post up their exhaust system and their thoughts of it. Im going to try and compose this thread similar to the v6 headers sticky. What I need:

ONE picture of your exhaust (I dont care if it is generic or just of the rear of the car. I need at least one)
Brand:
Price:
Pipe & Tailpipe Diameter:
Quality of build:
Quality of Sound:
Sound Loudness:
Other notes:

Also, at least one sound clip video for each brand of exhaust would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

I encourage you all to look up these exhausts on youtube, as there are many different videos, but I will on post one for each to keep this post somewhat short

The scales will be on 1 - 10 basis, 1 being the worst/loudest and 10 being the best/most quiet (ex. 10 = stock loudness, where as 1 = hotrod loud) Multiple posts of the same exhaust system, I will add up and take the average from, for best accuracy. Then I will combine all posts into this OP for easy finding.

Custom Exhaust Section has been added at end of post

________________________________________________________________________________________

Ill start:
Brand: DC Sports Exhaust
Price: $600 - $700
Pipe & Tailpipe diameter: 2.5"/4"
Quality of build: 9
Quality of Sound: 9
Sound Loudness: 6
Other Notes: none really. Excellent exhaust system

______________________________________________________________________________________

Borla:
Price:$600-$700
Pipe Diameter: 2.25"
Quality of Sound: 10
Sound Loudness: 8
Other notes: If not for smaller piping size, this would be the best all around exhaust for the Tib IMO

______________________________________________________________________________________

Aeon imports:
Price: $250
Pipe diameter: 2.25 or 2.5
Quality of build: 3
Quality of Sound: 9 -surprisingly good for the price
Other notes: poor quality metal, never really perfect fitment

Greddy Evo 2:
Price: $900
Pipe Diameter: 2.5"
Quality of build: 8
Quality of Sound: 4-very raspy
Sound Loudness: 3 very loud
Other notes: decent quality, good pipe size, sounds like crap IMO

SFR single
Price: $900 when it was in production
Pipe Diameter: 3"
Quality of build: 10
Quality of Sound: 6
Sound Loudness: 7
Other notes: Best for HP gains with FI, excellent build quality

Having trouble finding a video of this. If someone can post one up or link one, that would be much appreciated.

Ark N2 Dual Catback
Price:
Pipe Diameter:
Quality of build:
Quality of sound:
Sound Loudness
Other notes:

Brand: ARK DT-S V2 (Burned Tipped)
Price: Regular-$1379 Forum Discount- ~Paid $800 (July 4th discount a couple years ago)
Pipe & Tailpipe Diameter: 4.5" Diameter --- Pipe Dimension: 2.5" No Silencer

Apexi N1 dual exhaust
Price: about 800 to 900
Pipe Diameter: 2.5" pipe 4" outlet
Other notes: Great build and looks amazing. Nice sound and perfect fitment

_________________________________________________________________________________

Brand: OBX Type-R Catback Exhaust
Price: $399.00
Pipe & Tailpipe Diameter: 2.5''
Sound Loudness: 3
Other notes: This exhaust can be heard from waaaaayyyyy down the road. As amazing as this exhaust sounds (honestly I think it sounds a bit like an ARK exhaust), you WILL sacrifice your car's sound system due to how loud it is.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Brand: eBay 2.5" Stainless Steel Cat-back from '4CarOption' seller..
Price: $176.00 + shipping
Pipe & Tailpipe Diameter: 2.5" Piping, 4.5" Tip
Quality of build: 5
Quality of Sound: 8
Other notes: I gave a 5 on Quality of build due to the tips not being even once installed, all the welds are perfect and very pretty though. Sounds very good for the price, no rasp and is not TOO loud. It just has a nice deep tone which is only a little louder than standard at idle. Has a small amount of drone at 100km/h but anything below that is negligible..

Custom Exhaust Systems

Brand: Custom quad exhaust
Price: $200
Pipe & Tailpipe diameter: 3.25
Quality of build: 7
Quality of Sound: 7
Sound Loudness: 8.5
Other Notes: I dont think it gains an HP, looks nice though.

Brand: Custom Dual Magnaflow cat delete exhaust
Price: 350$
Pipe & Tailpipe diameter: 3.25in with a 4in tip
Quality of Sound: 8
Sound Loudness: judge by vid.

Custom build with Flowmaster Super 44
Price: $300
Pipe Diameter: 2.5"/ Tips are 4" x 18" long
Sound Loudness: 3
Other notes: Had lots of cabin drone until I bought the sound proofing kit from Shark Racing. Now its perfect

Brand: Magnaflow
Price: $2100 Australian Dollars, including labor and piping.
Pipe & Tailpipe diameter: 2.25"
Other Notes:I believe I lost a bit of torque and gained plenty of power (no dyno to prove). Though keep in mind I worked on Stage 4 manifolds, 60mm TB and intake before full exhaust which I suspect would of notably increased torque when exhaust was stock. In my honest opinion, for anyone who wishes to follow the N/A route, 2.25" is perfect, even if you plan to cam (mild).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTz0gsZ8RO0

·
Retired Staff
7,224 Posts
These are not necessarily mine personally, but, ones I've installed/worked on and therefore can compare against each other

Borla:
Price:$600-$700
Pipe Diameter: 2.25"
Other notes: If not for smaller piping size, this would be the best all around exhaust for the Tib IMO

Aeon imports:
Price: $250
Pipe diameter: 2.5
Quality of build: 3
Quality of Sound: 9 -surprisingly good for the price
Other notes: poor quality metal, never really perfect fitment

Greddy Evo 2:
Price: $900
Pipe Diameter: 2.5"
Quality of Sound: 4-very raspy
Sound Loudness: 3 very loud
Other notes: decent quality, good pipe size, sounds like crap IMO

SFR single
Price: $900 when it was in production
Pipe Diameter: 3"
Quality of Sound: 6
Other notes: Best for HP gains with FI, excellent build quality

No pic found

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Well, the exhaust soundclip thread is a complete mess. Its from 2004, so most of the links are to geocities and acidbath, which obviously don't work anymore.

·
Registered
133 Posts
cause i notice its only 2.5 inch piping... is there anything similar sounding with 3+inch? i like deeper rumbles, cant stand ricey sounding civic crap haha....

and is it even possible to have truely dual exhaust on a tib? does it fit?

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
You should put sound clips of each exhast directly after the specs. It would be easy to listen to and compare that way

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Also looks like you need ssa. Obx. Injen. Bagpipers and all the arks...and pit a few custom builds with sound clips and price points

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also looks like you need ssa. Obx. Injen. Bagpipers and all the arks...and pit a few custom builds with sound clips and price points
Price points? Go on...

Still waiting for people to throw in their experiences with those exhaust systems.

Im not going to add in exhaust clips since, their are several for each exhaust, we have a whole other thread for that, and I dont want the OP to get over loaded and be 20 miles long.

But, if everyone really wants, I can figure something out, and maybe start a new sticky for the exhaust clips.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Price points? Go on...

Still waiting for people to throw in their experiences with those exhaust systems.

Im not going to add in exhaust clips since, their are several for each exhaust, we have a whole other thread for that, and I dont want the OP to get over loaded and be 20 miles long.

But, if everyone really wants, I can figure something out, and maybe start a new sticky for the exhaust clips.
yes please

1 - 20 of 151 Posts