Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello TC , I am planning on going with your assasin kit but i wanna start with trany mods then move on to more power. I have searched and PM people who seem to have info on the nissan gear swap.i really want to take my car somwhere( I can travel anywheres continental) and have the nissan gear swap,clutch and a LSD done . Could you point me to anyone , I have hit a wall and havent been able to locate anymore info on the subject.I figure you seem to know everything tib and might know something,thanks .

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I can't say much about the mod; but its not for a n/a tiburon. It extends the final drive ratio quite a bit; and is really only recommended for tiburon's that are already supercharged; just a little heads up. If you do end up doing it, write a DIY!

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
try pm'n toshinator (i think thats his name) i think hes planning on doing the nissan gear swap too, he may have more info

and yes if you do it, please post up some sort of diy, anythin would help so in the future other ppl can gain from the knowledge

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
PM jordan23ryan or Shrkbyt05

·
Registered
956 Posts
openthewell said:
I can't say much about the mod; but its not for a n/a tiburon. It extends the final drive ratio quite a bit; and is really only recommended for tiburon's that are already supercharged; just a little heads up. If you do end up doing it, write a DIY!
does anyone know what it extends the final drive to?

·
Banned
642 Posts
It goes from a 4.3 to a 3.8. That is a huge differance. When i say it is a must for Supercharged cars , i mean it is a must. If you want to race from a roll or the track it is great. On the 1/4 mile you will have 1 less shift which is great.

I have the know how. I plan on doing mine in January. to buy the parts is will cost about 160.00 just for the Final drive. if you want the gas gear it will go to 200.00 then you got to get a machine shop and a tranny shop that knows what they are doing to install and modd the ring wheel and pinion..

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
i wish this could be done with the 5 spd

·
Registered
956 Posts
hmmmm....so i searched "maxima gearing" and found a couple threads on this.....did anyone ever get the actual info for what you have to do specifically to make the SE-R and Maxima parts work together in the tib....
all i really found was some douche trying to sell the info.....

·
Banned
642 Posts
Zaion said:
i wish this could be done with the 5 spd
well 5speed you already have longer gears. So it is not needed as much. the 6 speeds, the gears are so close they need to be longer. when i shift gears my rpms only go down like 800 to 1000, when you do it close to 2k rpms. This modd also gives you more of the first 4 gears. 1 and 2 gear you really need more with the supercharger.

·
Registered
956 Posts
jordan23ryan said:
well 5speed you already have longer gears. So it is not needed as much. the 6 speeds, the gears are so close they need to be longer. when i shift gears my rpms only go down like 800 to 1000, when you do it close to 2k rpms. This modd also gives you more of the first 4 gears. 1 and 2 gear you really need more with the supercharger.
yes!! an actually useful first gear for all us F/I guys instead of spin,spin, smoke, limiter, shift, spin some more....then start moving.....and don't forget the top speed, what should that move it to exactly at stock rev limiter? damn i can't find the calculator that was posted.....

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
I have no problem using first gear at the track with slicks, and I am putting down more power than most of you.

·
Registered
956 Posts
i was mostly refering to driving the car on the street....i'm not cool enough to have slicks..... :3_sadley:

·
Banned
5,790 Posts
zeenon53 said:
I have no problem using first gear at the track with slicks, and I am putting down more power than most of you.
yes....cause u have SLICKS......

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ive tried to PM shrkbyte05 several times for some info or any help.. he simply wont or cant respond . Well i am very happy to see this thread revive.. If i learn anything i will gladly pass it on.. I will have the funds for this in feb so hopefully I can make it happen. As for writing a DIY .. well ill share as much info as i have but i am not the most tranny savy person. I will hopefully find a shop willing to do this(maybe jordan you have some suggestions) and ill post thier names ,info , and maybe the parts (with part #s that we used) if they dont mind.
It occurs to me ,since only one part needs modifying maybe if we find the shop to do it, we can get a few of these parts ,and have a them done and sell them for the DIY.

·
Banned
642 Posts
i will get more into it later. When i get back on.

·
Registered
956 Posts
well it is the shaft that needs to be lengthend right? after that all we would really need to know is the order in which we stack the spacers and gears or whatnot if i followed the previous threads correctly.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
ohh jeez, not this again.
alright, ima post up a few pics when i overhaul my engine.
ill let you all know what needs to be done in a write up, patience, its not like i work or anything....
Chase
This community has givin me ALOT, and in tunr ill try to return the favor, its not as hard as its seems, but if you dont like messing with a bazzilion little parts that you have 1 time to get right, then please leave to the professionals.
ALSO.
Zeenon, do you think that gearing will have a change in the HP and TQ curves (i has read that the 05-06 RSX-s has gaines 10hp through gearing)
just wondering if messing with ratios messes with the Curves of where your power comes in.
Every one just breathe.
ill get to it when i can.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
ohh and i know of 1 place that can do it for a REASONALBE price and still get the work done,
located in Ft. Myers.
Chase

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
ShrkByt05 said:
ohh and i know of 1 place that can do it for a REASONALBE price and still get the work done,
located in Ft. Myers.
Chase
Thank you
really this is what i was hoping to find was someone who could do it, because i am not comfortable trying to tear down a tranny myself. If you wouldnt mind shooting this name and maybe a # I would be forever greatful.

P.S. Fort Myers is in florida ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts