Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've installed my assassin s/c and spec stage 3 clutch and fidanza flywheel. I also have CAI, headers, and exhaust and when i went and had my tib tuned after it was all said and done i made 291.9whp! I'll try to get a copy of the dyno up for you guys...i was inbetween 11.75 and 12 for the air/fuel ratio, and averaged 6.5 psi until about 5800rpm and then it jumped to 8.5psi

·
Registered
837 Posts
Sweeeeet !

·
Registered
355 Posts
wowwie, and thats all stage 1? Aren't thoes numbers a little high? Congrats! What dyno used?

·
Registered
646 Posts
P-L-E-A-S-E..................do not be afraid to spend the extra bucks for the hi-octane gasoline. You will be happy if you do this.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Where are you in CA? My blower just arrived about an hour ago. I'm waiting for the second box. It should be delivered later today.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Carrera1984 said:
wowwie, and thats all stage 1? Aren't thoes numbers a little high? Congrats! What dyno used?
This was an Assassin... it doesn't come in stages.... It has dynoed 302WHP at 8-10 PSI.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm very aware that were talking about the assassin. When T.C. relased the package he did some pilimanary runs with a 3.3inch pully and it hit the 250's. Im not sure how he sells the kit now, Im guessing 3 inch? He said that pully's will be coming out eventualy... so thats not really outa the question to ask. Im sure when he does release the smaller pully, hes gonna for sure recomend the ugraded bottom end. He probally doesnt want to powerful of a kit out there right away, where he'll start getting the "this kit blew up my car" comments. And people second guessing buying the kits. Sad that a few people pushing Ripp's kit with a bad tune gave em a bad rep for blowing motors.

Once again awesome numbers man! Oh yeah, and SHELL 93 octane all the way sleasy!

·
Registered
639 Posts
damn congrats on the number! it sucks that its hard to find 93+ octane here in cali..

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
uuumm if I may. The Assassin on a stick car and a 3.5in pulley (standard size) will do 285 to 295 whp. Depends on the dyno used. I dynoed at 312whp at 9-10psi boost with a 3.3in pulley and 289whp on 6psi with a 3.5in pulley.

Thanks...

Congrats on the awesome numbers..

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Congratulations on your succesfull install. Those are also some very nice numbers your laying down too, you must be very happy with it and having a blast :3_winkthu

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Carrera1984 said:
So why were T.C.'s peliminary's so low then? Doesn't make much sense?
i'm not sure why tc's prelim numbers are lower than mine...but we didn't use the tune that he says to start with...the guy that did mine started BASICALLY from scratch....i really think it has to do with the tune...b/c the guy that did mine...he's just CRAZY awesome at doing it!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
How do you like the SPEC clutch? Most have gone with clutchmaster stage 4. I have not made a decision yet and I have not heard much about the SPEC clutches. Congrats on the numbers!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts