Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im getting a Kenwood HU and they said it would be an extra 100 for them to hook up the HU to the factory sub and amp and i was like the **** isnt everything already set-up so it can run.
I plan on gettin two 12 audiobahn and a 1000 watt amp from a friend but i wanted to run the factory sub till i save for it and i dont want to pay 100 extra.

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
They are ********ting you left and right. All they have to do is connect one frickin wire in the harness to make the stock amp and sub work. Tell them to go **** themselves, you got somebody else.....and then of course, do it yourself. :p

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yeah, man. It's not hard at all. Just cut all the old wires, and splice the matching colors together. That's it. If that's a chain store like Best Buy or something trying to **** you like that, I'd call some high-up and complain.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea it is best buy. Im going to go in today and talk to them. The guy i talked to said that he has never worked on a tiburon before and told me i would have to buy a amp harness package and stuff but if everything is already tehre i would not know why.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Nah, dude. That guy's full of it. The only thing you have to buy to make it all work is the headunit you want to put in (unless you steal it or win it or something). Like I said... All you have to do is cut the old wires from the back of your current headunit, and splice all of the wires from your new headunit to the matching wires in the car. That's it. Everything you need (other than tools) will be included with your headunit.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
03Tib88 said:
yea it is best buy. Im going to go in today and talk to them. The guy i talked to said that he has never worked on a tiburon before and told me i would have to buy a amp harness package and stuff but if everything is already tehre i would not know why.
Lol, Best Buy customer service at its best.

I have a spare brand new wire harness if you want it. It takes all of 5 minutes to splice the wires and then it is just plug and play. I paid $22.00 for it and I will take $18 shipped if you want it, just send me a pm.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so i know some of the guys there and i guess there was a "misunderstaning" he thought i had like some sound package of 10's even though i showed him the sub before i made my appointment but anyways some othe guy helped me and sai like itll be 15$ extra so yea sometimes best buy sux and sometimes it doesnt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts