Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post Pics of your spotless engine haha, here's mine the pics suck, but w/e does anyone know how I can get rid of the roughness on the intake manifold and valve covers? like the do whats? and the do nots of getting it done? I want them to shine..

cleanest my engine's ever been so far...took the pics with my phone.

and cover's on.

do it up!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I like to use Engine Brite "Foamy", has to be the Foamy. It really helped make the engine look brand new. Try that next time, as for finding it, I can only seem to find it at NAPA, everyone else carries the Gel, and I don't think it works as good! L8R

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used somthing like black shine 2 in 1 stuff it was the most expensive at autozone but iono w/e, i was really sketchy when i was cleaning the engine, i didnt know what i could and could not spray then hose down.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
SyndicAte said:
I used somthing like black shine 2 in 1 stuff it was the most expensive at autozone but iono w/e, i was really sketchy when i was cleaning the engine, i didnt know what i could and could not spray then hose down.
Generally you just want to stay away from the distributor, the alternator, the HID's ballast/ignitor (if you have them) and the Intake filter... but usually i just cover up the HID's and everything else i spray down. Haven't :qleft6: up my engine yet.

edit: there's usually a list of components on the back they tell you to avoid spraying down; but really they're just being "cautious" to avoid any legal liability just in case a noob messes up something on the car. but really its just common sense.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
SyndicAte said:
yeah heh, anyways on how to make the rough valve covers and intake manifold shine?
Like this?

if you want it like that, you have to remove them and get them polished. A few body shops, and most fabrication shops offer a polish and powdercoating service. I know theres a couple other members that have polished valve covers, fuel rail, and manifolds but im not sure who they are.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
^^^ i think i see a spec of dust, j/p. But seriously what type of positive battery terminal are you using.

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
GDL said:
^^^ i think i see a spec of dust, j/p. But seriously what type of positive battery terminal are you using.

I don't remember, lol. They're getting changed anyways cause th battery has to move to the back, and I'll be pushing one hell of an audio/video setup.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
SyndicAte said:
nice nice how much on average does something like that cost?
the valve covers and intake manifold will cost you around $100-150 and the intake manifold about $100. if you know someone on the inside, it should be alot cheaper. and if you have an aircompressor and have some experience in air brushing you could always buy quarts of automotive grade heat proof paint. Primer, color, clear coat and then do it yourself. spray cans work too i sukk with them. anyways

there's a DIY on it, on several other forums

http://forums.evolutionm.net/archive/index.php/t-100192.html

if you want to try it yourself.

good luck

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
weaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkk

nearly two years old and u can eat off of my car.

high res for the win!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts