Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21136 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Re: Edmonton Alberta

I am from there originally but live in the States now...would come visit it it weren't such a long drive from Atlanta... :3_wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts

03 GT, Silver, a few mods.
Any of you guys have an exhaust done? I'm currently in the market, and would like to hear something in person before I decide.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Edmonton tib said:
03 GT, Silver, a few mods.
Any of you guys have an exhaust done? I'm currently in the market, and would like to hear something in person before I decide.
Yeah I got a cousin who manages a Fountain tire and we did a custom set up (god I love the free use of a hoist and a pipe bender) and it was alot cheaper then everything else iv heard of people doing on this forum anyway its magnaflow preformance mufllers and it sounds heavenly.... I get complements on it all the time its not at all ricey thank god. Thats the worst part about doing exaust is with the different brands that are out there you dont want to buy something, put it on and have it sound like a rice rocket. I am planning on doing headers in the next couple of weeks so it will drastically change the sound but if you would like to hear it in the next week let me know and we can meet up.
Richard

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Well 4 of us so far eh that aint to bad, this summer we will have to meet up and have a cold one.
LOKI

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hey, that's the setup I've decided on, but was trying to hear in person first!
We should meet next week some evening. I'm very south in the city, so we'll find somewhere convenient for both.
Anyone else want to join for a listen?
PM me and let me know
Neil

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Niel I live in Tewillager so were on the same side of the city unless your in millwoods... with the snowfall we just got iv got the car parked but as soon as some of it melts we should meet up and you can have a listen. Maybe the end of the week weather permitting?
Richard

·
Registered
2 Posts

Ha ha, you live in Terwillegar? I live in Whitemud Ridge! That's funny we're so close.
Hey, are you up to meet tonight or tomorrow? I want to hear the exhaust soon because I'm anxious to get mine done. That's if you're dug out yet from the snow!
Neil

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Edmonton tib said:
Ha ha, you live in Terwillegar? I live in Whitemud Ridge! That's funny we're so close.
Hey, are you up to meet tonight or tomorrow? I want to hear the exhaust soon because I'm anxious to get mine done. That's if you're dug out yet from the snow!
Neil
How close is whitemud ridge? and yeah give me a shout on my cell in the next couple hours and i can try to get the car out of the garage i still got summer tires and rims on its been sitting since the snow fall but i should be able to get it out.
Richard 887-7337

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Hey Chris I was just wondering if you got you SC yet? Im thinking of going forced induction this summer but dont know a reputable installer. Are you planning on doing yours yourself? Give me an update if you get a chance.
And to answer your question from your PM I have a carbon blue 03 GT with
Magnaflow exaust, CAI, Underdrive pulley, pillar pod/gauges, custom tail lights, blue led's in my gills, clarion DVD subs, 6X9's, Pioneer sub, Eagle polished aluminum rims, billet grill
and this weekend will be installing headers,SAFC2,crossdrilled and slotted rotors/metalic break pads, 6000k HIDS, Lowering springs, overdrive pulley
I think thats all, i might have forgot something, im gonna post some pics after this weekends installs in the member profiles page so if you want to c pics look their on mon or tues
Richard

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hey Richard, , sorry I didn't get back to you last night.
Why don't we try to meet tonight at about 7:00. Whitemud Ridge is just north of the Tim Hortons on 23 Ave and Rabbit Hill Rd. We can meet in the parking lot in front of the video store in that little mall there. Let me know, hopefully the roads are bare enough to get out of your street by now.
Anybody else here want to join us?
Neil

·
Registered
656 Posts

I'm actually going turbo not sc but i'm still having problems with Alpine and recieving my kit. I ordered the kit January 26 and it still isn't ready. I'm really disapointed with Alpine service thus far- they rarely respond to any of my emails and keep pushing back my kit's ship date. Not to mention that I was charged for the kit the day I ordered it and I STILL have nothing to show for it. If I ever DO recieve my kit then I plan on doing most of the install myself and maybe having a couple shops help out with alittle bit of welding.

Chris

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Hey Niel did you end up doing your exaust this weekend? Im sorry I never got back to you but I have been pretty busy the last couple of days. Anyway I talked to my cousin and he actually dosnt remember what exact exaust we put on all I know is its Magnaflow and its the street model but im not exactly sure which one it is anyway sorry I couldn't be more helpfull. But on a positive note I got the headers done and Iv never heard a sweeter sound in my life. :3_chubby:
LOKI

·
Registered
2 Posts

No, the place was booked for Friday and Saturday, and I'm working a shift that I can't get there this week. I'm going to try for next Saturday. The place will hold all the Magnaflow models up to the new piping so I can pick which one and decide round or regular muffler shaped.
I bet yours is a lot louder with the headers. Can you notice a power difference, and how hard were they to put on?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Edmonton tib said:
No, the place was booked for Friday and Saturday, and I'm working a shift that I can't get there this week. I'm going to try for next Saturday. The place will hold all the Magnaflow models up to the new piping so I can pick which one and decide round or regular muffler shaped.
I bet yours is a lot louder with the headers. Can you notice a power difference, and how hard were they to put on?
I noticed the most gains with this mod over anything else I have done before. Its actually not to much louder, but it did change the tone a bit. It sounds unbelievable at high rpms. The install was also the toughest mod iv done it took about 6 hours but we had 2 guys and a lift. I defenatly wouldn't want to do it again. The back bank was the biggest pain in the ass. Once we did get the old ones off the new ones bolted on 10 times faster. There was so much more room and I must say for what I paid I have no complaints about the SSA V2 headers it was a good buy in my opinion. My cousin did some research and we put on the Magnaflow race series mufler which is part number 1480 out of that race line up. Anyway we will have to meet up with some of these other Edmonton Tib owners this summer especially if Chris gets his turbo I would love to see that setup. Good luck on your exaust Niel!
LOKI

·
Registered
11 Posts

Hey guys, I'm in Edmonton too. Would love to hear some of the setups you've got. I'm a Northsider but don't mind going for a little drive....
Brian

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Hey Niel sorry i didnt get back to you sooner I spoke to my cousin and he says that your being charged the about the same as he would charge to do it. You wouldn't be getting any better of a deal if you drove to Killam. Anyway good luck with the install.
LOKI

1 - 20 of 21136 Posts