Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21121 - 21136 of 21136 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Looks like the wifey has plans for me tonight now that I'm back :p But I think I might head out to the street legals to race my car on Friday possibly, but I wouldn't mind doing a quick meet or something during the week. Ill try to find an evening where my schedule frees up and I'll let you all know!

·
Registered
515 Posts
So did some street legals at Castrol tonight and hit a new best time of 14.7. I looked at my slip and there's still lot's of room for improvement to get a faster time. It was tons of fun. I think when I park my car for the winter is when I'll do all my stage 2 stuff for next year :p

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well, it's been forever since I've been on here. The last 1.5 years have flown by - I was in Regina for 8 months (and driving back to Edmonton every second weekend in the Talon (now sold) which gave me some awesome gas bills - I averaged a thousand dollars a month on fuel) then back to Edmonton for the worst 8 months of my life. I am surprised that I made it through those 8 months of school.

Now I am in Calgary - Started my career and am enjoying the mountains. I decided that with my proximity to the mountains, my love of snow boarding, and my new job I needed a bigger vehicle - so I made a few changes. The Tiburon left me yesterday. Two months ago a 2008 Veracruz joined me!

The Tiburon was truly an amazing car by the time I was done... I *cough*gave up*cough* by the end and took it to the dealership. When I sold her she had a brand new clutch, timing belt, big brake kit, tires, raceland coilovers, ... and too many things to list.

I must admit - I did what I had planned. I bought a small car and learned how to work on it.... oh, and I had one hell of a good time doing it! :D

·
Registered
515 Posts
Nice to hear from you man and glad things are going well! There's still more I want to do with the tibby as I started to love her again :p I want to build her pretty strong now and add more boost. I found the new wheels and tires I want for a wider setup but I still want it to be track friendly and not have to worry about rubbing in tight corners. It's probably going to be a winter thing as I start changing things over.
But ya dude, Calgary is nice in the winter as you're so close to Banff for boarding and stuff. I'm planning on hitting the slopes every weekend I can this winter!

·
Registered
515 Posts
So I guess the BIG Annual United Cycle car meet is May 3rd :p Happens to be my birthday too! I'd love to see some of you tib people there. 780Tuners announced it a little awhile ago. So for all of you that don't know where it is, it's off of whyte avenue in the United Cycle/Tim Horton's parking lot. Last year there were so many cars it took up 4 parking lots :p Always a good time and cool to check out the progress on other peoples cars over the season. Some really nice cars as well.

·
Registered
269 Posts
So I guess the BIG Annual United Cycle car meet is May 3rd :p Happens to be my birthday too! I'd love to see some of you tib people there. 780Tuners announced it a little awhile ago. So for all of you that don't know where it is, it's off of whyte avenue in the United Cycle/Tim Horton's parking lot. Last year there were so many cars it took up 4 parking lots :p Always a good time and cool to check out the progress on other peoples cars over the season. Some really nice cars as well.
cool. my son goes to this all the time. drives 2 different Jettas. One all blacked out and a blue Jetta turbo. I've been meaning to take my tib and come see what all the fuss is about! LOL

·
Registered
269 Posts
I bought a Jattus Stage 1 Turbo last year and was wondering if any of you guys know of anyone local who can tune it after install? I'm pondering trying it again but only if I can find someone to tune after I install it. I tried it last year but it blew the engine up after the 3rd drive!!! Not sure why it blew up but I suspect the FIC wasn't properly tuned to begin with. I recently put in a new engine and was wondering if should try it again as long as someone who's knows what they're doing could properly tune it as a daily driver. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hmmm....good question. Was there a base tune to go off of? It was probably incredibly lean and then it popped if you tried to go wide open throttle while tuning. Maybe ask in the forced induction part of the forum? Would be cool to see another boosted tiburon in the city :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
I bought a Jattus Stage 1 Turbo last year and was wondering if any of you guys know of anyone local who can tune it after install? I'm pondering trying it again but only if I can find someone to tune after I install it. I tried it last year but it blew the engine up after the 3rd drive!!! Not sure why it blew up but I suspect the FIC wasn't properly tuned to begin with. I recently put in a new engine and was wondering if should try it again as long as someone who's knows what they're doing could properly tune it as a daily driver. Any help would be appreciated.
Do you have any pics of your tib? :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hmmm....good question. Was there a base tune to go off of? It was probably incredibly lean and then it popped if you tried to go wide open throttle while tuning. Maybe ask in the forced induction part of the forum? Would be cool to see another boosted tiburon in the city :)
yeah I can some pics after I clean it up. LOL I bought the Jattus Stage 1 Turbo and it was supposedly supposed to be pre-programmed so this sort of thing didn't happen (so I was told)? But it blew pretty quick. It sat in the garage for about 6 months until last fall I finally got annoyed, bought another engine and successfully dropped it in. Currently it's up and running again with no check engine lights or nothing. Been driving it again for around 2 1/2 months now trying to figure out what direction to go as far as a little extra power goes.

I did notice that you pay more money at seoulful racing for their turbo kits but atleast you get your actual ECU properly tuned to support the turbo they sell. I really wish I would spent more money and went through them instead. I was trying not to spend a whole bunch of money because the wife didn't like the idea to begin with. Ah, live and learn I guess...

I noticed you mentioned the United Cycle car meets. My son goes to those meets. He said I could come 1 time to see what's it's all about because his friend let his Dad go the other weekend! LOL My wife and I laughed...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Ya, the first annual meet for United Cycle is usually the 1st weekend in May. That's when it's the largest! So many awesome cars and all the neighboring parking lots tend to fill up pretty quick! You'll literally see probably 500 or so cars, everything from exotic, muscle, to the usual import stuff.
It's cool you went with a turbo kit though! My friend Chris was the only other turbo guy in the city, and then there was me with being supercharged. Nice to have another boosted tib guy for sure.
Do you have any tuning software or any form of datalogging for your car so you can see what your air/fuel ratios or fuel trims are at? Like a wideband?
If the weather gets nicer towards May, I might take my car out of storage and start getting it ready with new goodies before Summer hits I think.
Curious, how much power does the Jattus kit give you? Estimate of course :p I'm roughly around 220-230whp right now, but hope to hit 280-290whp (320-330 crank) with the next stage for summer.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Any Edmonton area tibs still kicking around? Just finishing up on my stage 2 upgrade. I have a few hiccups, which I'm assuming is the injectors, but I should have it running *crosses fingers* by next weekend!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys check out this group on Facebook its for Canadian tiburon owners to connect and sell parts or organize car meets! Hope to see you all there! "Canadian Tiburon Owners" group for Canadians!

·
Registered
515 Posts
So the issue did turn out to be a leaky injector, then my ecu wasn't compatible with the reflash, which is why I had to pull so much fuel from my tuner. So I got a new ecu core for the reflash and it should be back within the week! So pumped! I've been waiting for this upgrade for a long time!!
I'll try to get some videos posted of the new power :D

21121 - 21136 of 21136 Posts