Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 4095 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the official Northern Va Thread. Ranging anywhere from Fredericksburg, VA to Washington DC, and a few MD people. Lets get to know everyone first I guess.

Name: Tim
Color: Carbon Blue
V6 or 4: 4cyl
Current Mods: CAI, Clear Corners, Door Lights, Strobes, Apexi N1 Exhaust
Plate: JGP-2117 (incase you see me driving)

AIM SN: Timothy D Baugh

Anyone else think of anything to say, just put it.

ALSO:

HERE IS THE SUMMER 06 CAR SHOW LIST:​

May 15
May 27 - 30
June 3-5 -
June 11-12
June 18
June 23-25- S3 Triple Crown - Mid Ohio Sports Car Course [SIGN UP]- http://www.s3triplecrown.com/
July 8 -
July 15-17
July 23 -
July 29-31 -
August 5-7
August 12-14
August 19-21
August 26-28 -

Blank spots will be filled in once I find shows to put there. be sure to check back for updates.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Name: Jeremy ... just call me Pick(military)
Color: Black
V6 2.7L
Plate: TENGO
Current member of Demboyz Racing.. :3_pimatyo (car club a few friends started about a year ago)
Current Mods:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Name: James
Color: Silver
V6 2.7L
Current Mods: WR Intake, WR Bypass, VIS Invader Hood, Aerogear 16piece SoJu Kit ready to install.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ryan (23)
Herndon, VA
Silver GT USP3
Bone Stock

Side Note: I've done a little lookin into the car scene of VA -- dragva.com is worth note... mostly imported rice but there are some genuine enthusiasts whom have good intentions other than street racing. Gone to two or three meets local to here by them and always enjoyed the scenery

Also, there's a place in Manassas that a weekly meet happens of all sorts of Nice muscle cars and riced imports meet. The muscle cars are worth lookin at -- the rice is worth laughin at

·
Registered
986 Posts
Skeeter said:
Also, there's a place in Manassas that a weekly meet happens of all sorts of Nice muscle cars and riced imports meet. The muscle cars are worth lookin at -- the rice is worth laughin at

rollin, myself and some friends of mine have planned to go up there friday night just need to find out a little bit more.. i will post thursday sometime with final plans to go or not.. if NOT then the lot on 208 will be the spot to meet at if any1 else wants to join. :3_winkthu

540.287.2797- is my cell is you need to get in touch with me

·
Registered
240 Posts
Name: Matt
Color: Red
V6 or 4: GT V6
Current Mods:
minor cosmetic stuff, Tuscani emblems, removed stock Tiburon lettering, short antenna, subwoofer rewire
going to do clear corners this weekend!
Plate: Right now paper temps, will be KE1SER when I get them soon

Amanda have you driven in Centreville at all in the past 2 weeks or so? I saw one black Tib twice in one day and havn't seen it since.

And what time would that be around on Friday night? I'll probably get off work around 9, but can't guarantee.

·
Registered
73 Posts
demboyzracing03 said:
rollin, myself and some friends of mine have planned to go up there friday night just need to find out a little bit more.. i will post thursday sometime with final plans to go or not.. if NOT then the lot on 208 will be the spot to meet at if any1 else wants to join. :3_winkthu

540.287.2797- is my cell is you need to get in touch with me
Just a heads up -- it is HEAVILY moderated by police. The event itself is sanctioned ot be held there by the two businesses whom own the property (Burger King and McDonalds) as it gets them a helluva lot of business. However, there are cops who literally park there and look out for illegal activities, racing, dangerous behavior etc. If you're not careful.. they also pull for illegal mods (lowering, lights, exhausts) However, usuall so long as oyu're not actin like a dork you'll be ok and they'll let you be. You'll also see a lotta rednecks and trucks tearin up the mud lot behind it, some crotch rockets, and lots of american muscle cars -- not to mention lotsa jail bait.

Dependin on when you're rollin i may be in to join -- lemme know.. i've got two sets of walkies if you wanna roll down there. Sam I know oyu and I live close, we oculd pick up the centerville folks on the way

·
Registered
986 Posts
Skeeter said:
Just a heads up -- it is HEAVILY moderated by police. The event itself is sanctioned ot be held there by the two businesses whom own the property (Burger King and McDonalds) as it gets them a helluva lot of business. However, there are cops who literally park there and look out for illegal activities, racing, dangerous behavior etc. If you're not careful.. they also pull for illegal mods (lowering, lights, exhausts) However, usuall so long as oyu're not actin like a dork you'll be ok and they'll let you be. You'll also see a lotta rednecks and trucks tearin up the mud lot behind it, some crotch rockets, and lots of american muscle cars

thanks alot with the heads of about the police :3_fyou . i will definately know thursday what we are planning on doing. its either 208 or manassas but i'd rather see how many tibs i could get to come chill and hang out friday nite soo really that might be another deciding factor too. me and tim are down for a lil drive lol soo its all good. :3_pimatyo

-- not to mention lotsa jail bait.---- lmao same with 208. :3_frusty: :3_lijstje

·
Registered
0 Posts
rollin. hell with that. if anyone is driving to va beach they should come to my all hyundai meet. its the same day. there is already a small convoy of 3-4 people from nova comming down. all elantras but i'm sure they wouldn't mind more people driving with them

·
Registered
409 Posts
dude im am sooo late on this thread...
Name: Suku
Color: Tidal Wave Blue
V6 or 4: 4 Banger
Mods: APC tails, T badged, steering wheel emblem, painted engine cover, carbon fiber eyeids, wide Sumitomo M3 style tires, Next Level Performane Tri Phase chip, and more to come!!!

Sweet ASS! Tim this is working out great!

I ALMOST did the clear corners yesterday, but as i was doing it i realized that i DIDNT want to have amber bulbs...i think silver star makes street legal bulbs that are a blue metallic when NOT lit and amber WHEN lit...but i dont know the model # for the turning signal bulbs can someone help me out?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
beach_XD_ said:
rollin. hell with that. if anyone is driving to va beach they should come to my all hyundai meet. its the same day. there is already a small convoy of 3-4 people from nova comming down. all elantras but i'm sure they wouldn't mind more people driving with them

we're trying to get all tibs together before we try and expand. Atleast that's what I am trying. Plus there's going to be some mad hot chicks at the car show.

suku, take out the bulb and get the number off of it, I don't remember what it is. APC has their version of those titan bulbs. Matrix Racing has their version, http://www.matrixracing.com/BI522Sub.htm Are you guys going to be able to do it on friday? matt said that he gets off at 9, when do you get off? anyone else want to do theirs on friday?

here's some other links, ***note: at first I got the 1156 and the thing is there are two contacts for the light, so everyone recommends 1157 and to be honest, neither of those are the same number as what is written on the stock bulb.

links, http://search.cardomain.com/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=79&EXTRA_ARG=&CFGNAME=MssFind.cfg&host_id=42&page_id=13437696&query=*1157*+titan+amber&hiword=*1157*+amber+AMBERS+TITANIC+titan

http://www.7453217467431.com/products/productDetails.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=1421827&FOLDER<>folder_id=50263&affID=39901&bmUID=1088730655296

http://www.autolumination.com/ (have to search)

hope that helps suku

·
Registered
986 Posts
i just left my stock bulbs in ineedboost and i haven't had any problems with cops and i did mine awhile ago. they all just say they like what i have done thats all. just thought i'd share my $.02

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Strobes in with factory switch. Was not hard at all. If anyone wants some help, just let me know. BTW, we are now the #1 thread in the southeast section. It won't get lost on another page, that way if new people join the site later on, they can find us :3_winkthu .

1 - 20 of 4095 Posts