Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

541 - 560 of 584 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
The headers usually take anywhere from 2-5 hrs depending on what kind of tools you have. Make sure you have an extension for your ratchet so you can fit the socket waaaaay in from the back side and be prepared to push a few things aside to fit the headers in. You can put em all back afterward. Great HP gains from the DC headers and an amazingly burly sound too. If you keep it all you'll definitely like it. Not as fast as an SRT4 Neon but it looks a lot nicer. You'll need some more money to make it that quick.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Since I can't find any ARK headers.. I will go another way.. can't decide myself between DC Sports and SFR headers... any thoughts guys ?

I already have the full Borla exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Since I can't find any ARK headers.. I will go another way.. can't decide myself between DC Sports and SFR headers... any thoughts guys? I already have the full Borla exhaust system.
I have the headers from Shark Racing (purchased a couple of years ago -- I do not know if they still carry them), and I am happy with them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the headers from Shark Racing (purchased a couple of years ago -- I do not know if they still carry them), and I am happy with them.
I have heard a lot of bad things recently with the shark racing headers. I would suggest dc sports. Great company, quality, and fitment. That's what I'll be buying in a week or so

·
Registered
5 Posts
wondering if anyone can tell me what the inlet and outlet diameters are for the ssa v2 headers from ssautochrome.com? I have tried numerous times to get ahold of ssautochrome.com through emails, but no one ever responds. Is my understanding correct that they used to not be ceramic coated, but now they are? Thanks to anyone that can help!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok this is great but... Does anyone know anything about the CEL Eliminator that Import Shark sells as an option with the Ark R-Spec headers???

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have heard a lot of bad things recently with the shark racing headers. I would suggest dc sports. Great company, quality, and fitment. That's what I'll be buying in a week or so
I have the Shark Racing Headers, I bought them used. according to the previous owner, they had excellent fitment. the installation process was still the same

·
Registered
10 Posts
What about speed daddy headers ????
I have a set on my Tib and they are alright matched to a cat back exh
Its free flow there is no cat in there
I got no LIghts on dash and it sounds sweet

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just installed SSAutochrome V2 headers on my '03. The fit was fine, a bit tight across bottom of engine and I had to loosen the bottom alternator bolt and remove the top bolt to install. Once the rear header is bolted up it doesn't touch the alternator.
The O2 sensor bungs are all reasonably located. had to dent the starter heat shield to fit the lower front o2 sensor ( I didn't want to remove it. The nice thing is the price and the stainless steel. The finish and weld quality is pretty good, better than some US headers I've installed on Ford and GM cars. If they crack they are easy to resolder with a wire feed. In Seattle we don't have a lot of heavy rain or winter salt so I expect these things to last awhile.

·
Registered
111 Posts
hi guys iam going to install a set of these very shortlly. but i have a question a guy my side of the pond as instaled a set of these and he is experincing cel light on and the front lower co2 sensor will not fit without the use of a banjo type sewnsor adaptor has enyone come across this problem.
many thanks neil

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
hi guys iam going to install a set of these very shortlly. but i have a question a guy my side of the pond as instaled a set of these and he is experincing cel light on and the front lower co2 sensor will not fit without the use of a banjo type sewnsor adaptor has enyone come across this problem.

I had no problem with the O2 sensors. I do sometimes get a CEL, typically in stop-and-go traffic in the rain (I do not know why). This is easily reset with an inexpensive OBD II scanner, such as this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LHVOVK/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001LHVOVK&linkCode=as2&tag=rpglibrary

I keep one of these in the small side compartment in the back seat on the passenger side.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had no problem with the O2 sensors. I do sometimes get a CEL, typically in stop-and-go traffic in the rain (I do not know why). This is easily reset with an inexpensive OBD II scanner, such as this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LHVOVK/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001LHVOVK&linkCode=as2&tag=rpglibrary

I keep one of these in the small side compartment in the back seat on the passenger side.
thanks mate got a snap on scanner so that wont be a problem it was more the o2 sensor that was giving me a consurn.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
If you have an 03 or and 04 you'll be fine.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does the DC Sports headers had any fitment issues to the alternator? or else?

Got a 2005 Model and had first this ebay ******** headers. They didn´t fit to the alternator, oilpan and had space between the flags.

Now i had deciede to get some DC headers, because of ceramic coating. I don´t want to cut any platic or delt the header.

541 - 560 of 584 Posts