Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

11561 - 11572 of 11572 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
No idea, I'm new as well. Reggie and another guy were supposed to meet up at some point last month, not sure where they went. I'm in Tucson so it's a bit of a drive but I'd do it some weekend once I get my car legal. I'm dealing with a pesky CEL problem now so I can't clear emissions to get the car registered.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No idea, I'm new as well. Reggie and another guy were supposed to meet up at some point last month, not sure where they went. I'm in Tucson so it's a bit of a drive but I'd do it some weekend once I get my car legal. I'm dealing with a pesky CEL problem now so I can't clear emissions to get the car registered.
Yeah that was me and hatriq haha what code is the cel showing? You need to get it legal so we can have more tibs on the road haha

·
Registered
204 Posts
Codes are below. Crankshaft position sensor, throttle position sensor, MAF sensor and the idle air control valve are all new. I suspect there may be a short in the wiring somewhere. If I don't have it sorted by the time I sell the other car I'll have my mechanic look into it. I am half tempted to grab a whole new wiring harness from the boneyard but I know that would be a b*tch to take out and put in so I want to exhaust other options first.

I just pulled the interior out of the car (seats, carpet, headliner, panels) so I can't drive it atm anyhow. I will probably put in a stereo/amp/speakers and backup camera while I have it all apart. Might be a minute before I have it all back together. All depends on selling my other car.

P1506 MPS
P1506 Idle Speed Actuator (Open) - Short

P1507 MPS - Abnormal
P1507 Idle Speed Actuator (Close) - Open

P0122 Throttle position (TP) sensor A/accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor A – low input Wiring short to ground,TP/APP sensor, ECM Throttle position (TP) switch A/accelerator pedal position (APP) switch A – low input Wiring short to ground,TP/APP switch, ECM

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey all, just moved to Tempe! Looking forward to seeing all the sexy sharks here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
you guys have Instagram? I live out in AZ (Mesa/Tempe area) and would like to see other Tib owners who also live in AZ, maybe see what mechanics you guys go to, meets that are happening in the area, etc. My IG is _itsnickk Add Me!

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Dang it's quiet here now

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sure is, a little disappointing to see

11561 - 11572 of 11572 Posts