Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After lots of looking for rims, I think I may have found a decent pair that I like. I'm not trying to spend a ton of money on them tho, and I can get a wheel/tire package (4) of these for under $1000.

Question is.. do you think they would look okay or not?

My car:

Wheels:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hmmm...They should look fine.

Do you have a bigger picture of your car? Maybe a side view to post up? Someone can probably photoshop those on there for ya.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I like them. The style looks cool and obviously color goes too.

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
I wouldn't go over split 5 spoke design on a Tib. Too many spokes make those rims only look good on 4 door cars, imo. They aren't bad looking at all, just don't think they work on the Tib.

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
Like this?
Better, but I prefer a split 5 spoke with no lip to it. Deep lips make the rims look smaller. I'm also not a fan of the fake rivets on a non-forged rim. Try something like this:

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
You're welcome. See how much cleaner & sporty they look with fewer spokes and then the size looks bigger. When you get rims that the spokes go all the way to the edge the wheels look much bigger than with a huge lip (just be careful taking curbed corners!).

Those I listed wouldn't be my first brand choice, I just listed them to show you a style.
My favorite are split 5 spokes that flare out a bit (spokes aren't side by side the whole way up from the center).
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Then there's this style where they are wider near the hub and come closer near the edge of the rim. Also, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Now one of my favorite looking wheels, MRR GT2 (look like Audi R8 wheels) and would look sick on any Tib! Great looking, lots of style and depth (they aren't just flat spokes) and they are pretty decent price.

·
Registered
782 Posts
What about these?

Those look nice. The only thing I don't like about them are that the multiple lug hole patterns look too busy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
id go with some black wheels, dark tint, maybe even paint the gas tank ring black to even out the car with silver and black. IMO.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am planning on tinting my windows slightly, and painting the ring around the gas cap. Here are the wheels I finally got on my car:

17" Advanti A1 (charcoal/machined face)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Good choice for wheels. If you plan to lower it in the future, the wheels will look more flush into the wells. It'll make the Tib look much nicer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts