Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
soo my car got into an accident, i don't think its totaled because i don't know if theres any frame damage. but if i want to get a new front bumper which would be the HANA...would i just have to talk to my body shop where its getting repaired at?

my insurance is going to pay them directly because its one of there certifed shops, soo i dont know if they would be able to do that.. anybody have any advice?

sounds confusing, but im trying to figure out if the money they send to the body shop, and i talk to the body shop, do you guys think they will be able to just order the HANA instead of OEM?

or would i have to buy the HANA bumper myself and bring it there..any help please? :3_sadley:

heres some pictures....

[/IMG]

·
Registered
384 Posts
The body shop should be able to order the bumper for you but you will have to pay the difference in price between the OEM and aftermarket one. At least the bodyshops that I have been to will do that.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The body shop should be able to order the bumper for you but you will have to pay the difference in price between the OEM and aftermarket one. At least the bodyshops that I have been to will do that.
i seee, i figured that, and they would paint it obviously since they would have to paint the OEM one anyways..the thing is, was because i don't know if they would do that since the body shop kinda works with my insurance..cause my insurance would pay them directly..but i wouldn't mind paying the difference though.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
holy f'in sh!t man what the hell did you hit?
seriously man..**** was smoking and of course since the coolant was in the front it was leaking..but it was smoking and **** was all hissing inside.. the left headlight in the picture is all popping out...it looks like a fuuked up transformer.

i don't think they would mark it as totaled, but i'm not sure what the damages exactly are..its chilling in the tow place right now..but i'm trying to figure out what i should do for the body shop so i can get one to help me get a hana front.

i was either thinking of doing it through my hyundai dealership, or just through my insurances place that they work with...but any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ouch, what did you hit?

And I wouldnt go through the hyundai dealership but thats just me.

Deffinitly get a Hana Bumper with the insurance money

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ouch, what did you hit?

And I wouldnt go through the hyundai dealership but thats just me.

Deffinitly get a Hana Bumper with the insurance money

i hit a 2004 Jeep. he made a sudden stop and was apparantly DUI..

but i was talking about going through the body shop my hyundai dealer works with. because i've been down there before.

but i just want a body shop that would be able to let me get the hana bumper instead of the OEM.

thats why i'm asking if anyone has had a simliar problem or any tips.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
hhaha..thats a sick avatar picture...i never reallyt knew how to put one..but now i'm gonna try to pu that one on mine..hahahaha..

sooo you have any word on what i can do to get this hana bumper on my car? worst comes to worst, i'll just buy the bumper myself and have them paint it. because no matter what, there gonna paint the OEM one, so they can just put that torwards the new one..

but what i'm asking to everyone here is if i should go through a different body shop or what should i say to the people to get a new bumper instead of OEM.

sweeeeet!!! i official have an avatar thanks to YOU!!

·
Banned
9,129 Posts
soo my car got into an accident, i don't think its totaled because i don't know if theres any frame damage. but if i want to get a new front bumper which would be the HANA...would i just have to talk to my body shop where its getting repaired at?

my insurance is going to pay them directly because its one of there certifed shops, soo i dont know if they would be able to do that.. anybody have any advice?

sounds confusing, but im trying to figure out if the money they send to the body shop, and i talk to the body shop, do you guys think they will be able to just order the HANA instead of OEM?

or would i have to buy the HANA bumper myself and bring it there..any help please? :3_sadley:

heres some pictures....

[/IMG]

if you own the car then yes you can put on any aftermarket stuff you want. but if the bank is the lienholder then no you cannot put anything on that is not oem. i had the same problem with another car i had. a lady rear ended me and it was going to be like 1200 i think and i thought wow i can get all kinds of stuff with that money but the body shop filled me in on the fact that if you dont own the car you have to put it back to factory condition.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'll take it and maybe they can paint it..lol..but other than that..i won't be able to do the installation and i don't even know how to blend the fenders..lol..soo its like i'd rather have them do it for me..

i don't even know if they would deem it as totaled..maybe there could be some front frame damage..it was smoking and a **** load of hissing sounds and dripping shiiitt...which i assume was the coolant,

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
if you own the car then yes you can put on any aftermarket stuff you want. but if the bank is the lienholder then no you cannot put anything on that is not oem. i had the same problem with another car i had. a lady rear ended me and it was going to be like 1200 i think and i thought wow i can get all kinds of stuff with that money but the body shop filled me in on the fact that if you dont own the car you have to put it back to factory condition.
:3_frusty::3_frusty::3_frusty::3_frusty::3_frusty::3_nooo::3_nooo::3_nooo:

you just bursted my bubble. i'm still making payments on it..hmmm..but what if i buy the bumper myself? and have them put it on?

but its not like i'm getting like a turbo with there money or rims..it was the stuff i was getting fixed/replaced to begin with..such as the front bumper into a HANA.

·
Banned
9,129 Posts
:3_frusty::3_frusty::3_frusty::3_frusty::3_frusty::3_nooo::3_nooo::3_nooo:

you just bursted my bubble. i'm still making payments on it..hmmm..but what if i buy the bumper myself? and have them put it on?

but its not like i'm getting like a turbo with there money or rims..it was the stuff i was getting fixed/replaced to begin with..such as the front bumper into a HANA.
that was just my personal experience...if you know the guys at the bodyshop they might do it? or if you were to sign something stating that it was your idea to put on a hana bumper and they just painted it. you have to find a shop that is so desperate for money that they would do something shady like that. the shop i went to knew the law and wouldn't f u c k with it. you have to see it from the banks stand point. if you stop making payments they have to repossess the car and try and sell it but you've narrowed down the buyers because you have a modification on the car. Hope this helps and remember where there is will, there is always a way!!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that was just my personal experience...if you know the guys at the bodyshop they might do it? or if you were to sign something stating that it was your idea to put on a hana bumper and they just painted it. you have to find a shop that is so desperate for money that they would do something shady like that. the shop i went to knew the law and wouldn't f u c k with it. you have to see it from the banks stand point. if you stop making payments they have to repossess the car and try and sell it but you've narrowed down the buyers because you have a modification on the car. Hope this helps and remember where there is will, there is always a way!!!
i seeee..but what about me just buying it then myself and having them put it on? thats totally different cause its like i would of brought it to a body shop anyways..just happens to be, theres already no front bumper on it and would be perfect time to replace it..cause people mod there cars anyways and there still making payments on it.

·
Banned
9,129 Posts
i seeee..but what about me just buying it then myself and having them put it on? thats totally different cause its like i would of brought it to a body shop anyways..just happens to be, theres already no front bumper on it and would be perfect time to replace it..cause people mod there cars anyways and there still making payments on it.
well what will happen is your insurance claims adjuster will come to inspect the vehicle and give an estimate as to what it will cost to return the car back to factory. and last time i checked a hana bumper is a little more pricey than a oem?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well what will happen is your insurance claims adjuster will come to inspect the vehicle and give an estimate as to what it will cost to return the car back to factory. and last time i checked a hana bumper is a little more pricey than a oem?
i don't mind paying the difference...

whats going to happen is that the car will get towed to a certified shop my insurance works with kind of...then the mechanics will do the estiamates there.. thats where i will try to see if i can get a hana installed instead of OEM.

i know hana is more expensive, i would pay the difference..but even if they don't put any money towards it, i'm wondering if they would still install it during the whole process of the fix up..but atleast usee the money that was going to be used to paint the OEM, instead to paint the HANA..

thats my dilemma. if i should use a bodyshop that the hyundai dealership uses where they send all there customers to. or if i should use the one my insurance partners with.

·
Banned
9,129 Posts
i don't mind paying the difference...

whats going to happen is that the car will get towed to a certified shop my insurance works with kind of...then the mechanics will do the estiamates there.. thats where i will try to see if i can get a hana installed instead of OEM.

i know hana is more expensive, i would pay the difference..but even if they don't put any money towards it, i'm wondering if they would still install it during the whole process of the fix up..but atleast usee the money that was going to be used to paint the OEM, instead to paint the HANA..

thats my dilemma. if i should use a bodyshop that the hyundai dealership uses where they send all there customers to. or if i should use the one my insurance partners with.
body shop is totally your choice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts