Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
umm i have been looking into a piantjob and saw chameleon paint or thermochromic paint. Sorry if i butchered the spelling. but basically its just paint that changes with temperature. can anyone post pics if they have this? so i can see if it turns out nice or not? thanks =)

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
i dont think you are gonna find any people with that kinda paint on here..

but i hear those types of paint are really hard to touch-up/ re paint if you ever get in an accident or something.

and i believe they are really expensive..

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I thought chameleon paint was just the paint that color shifts depending on the angle you're looking at it from?

·
Hater With No Friends
11,098 Posts
Before you consider painting your car with this, please be aware of how expensive it is to simply buy this paint. Consider that it takes 8-16 pints (1-2 gallons) of paint to paint a car. Then consider that some of this paint can cost around $400 a pint. Now consider the fact that you would be likely paying someone to prep and paint the car. Congratulations!!! Your paint job is more expensive than your car and if ANYTHING happens to ANY part of the paint, it is irreparable without doing the whole car again.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Don't listen to those buzzkills. I say do it!

How cool would it be to roll up to a red light, jump out with your heat gun, and make your Tib change colors? That will blow the clothes right off the women!

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Before you consider painting your car with this, please be aware of how expensive it is to simply buy this paint. Consider that it takes 8-16 pints (1-2 gallons) of paint to paint a car. Then consider that some of this paint can cost around $400 a pint. Now consider the fact that you would be likely paying someone to prep and paint the car. Congratulations!!! Your paint job is more expensive than your car and if ANYTHING happens to ANY part of the paint, it is irreparable without doing the whole car again.
and dont think if your in an accident your getting a whole new paint job, many companies have exclusions for overly expensive aftermarket paint

·
Registered
2,708 Posts

·
Hater With No Friends
11,098 Posts
and dont think if your in an accident your getting a whole new paint job, many companies have exclusions for overly expensive aftermarket paint
Exactly. That kind of paint job is for show only and a trailer queen.

·
ERMAHGERD, ERM AH MERD!
3,424 Posts
if you did start the car/drive it wouldnt the hood be one color and the rest be a different one? I think it'd look odd

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
You'd actually have to paint it a sh*tload of different colors... then after you drive it for a while, it would all be the same color.

if you did start the car/drive it wouldnt the hood be one color and the rest be a different one? I think it'd look odd

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
my neighbor had a Porsche with that color paint and he painted a tiny spoiler... it was $300 and this was around 1998

·
Hater With No Friends
11,098 Posts
reminds me of these windbreakers from back in the day. anyone remember these? they changed color with heat, and/or they were kinda pearlescent.
Most members these days were born in the 90's. :3_shiny: My car is older than some of the members here. lol

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Alright you two, don't make me shake my cane at you! I was driving before the Tib or either of you were born! Heck, possibly before Hyundai was even in this country...

For the record, Keith - I used to have Hypercolor shirts. Don't recall the hoodies as pictured tho

·
Registered
560 Posts
hehe. As NTs oldest member I don't think there is anything you can come up with I wouldn't remember. Even my 'other car' was born in 74, making it considerably older than most of you.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
hehe. As NTs oldest member I don't think there is anything you can come up with I wouldn't remember. Even my 'other car' was born in 74, making it considerably older than most of you.
Don't worry. Alzheimer's will kick in soon enough.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts