Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about two months ago my car started to rattle in a couple of places, i did not think much of it cuz i was still so happy that i got the car that i just ignored them. Now they are really starting to drive me insane, so much so that i feel like tearing the whole interior apart, but that would just give me more problems. right now the two spots that bug me the most are the guage cluster thing and the door panel, atleast i think its the door panel, its somewhere on the passanger side. I've gotten my mom and dad in the car and they say they hear nothing but i drive it everyday so i know its their. i really need to fix these rattles but just dont know how to, if i take it to the dealer then they will prolly just ask to take a drive and then nothing will happen. anyone having the same problem? any suggestions would be great. thanx

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
good luck with the rattles...gets worse over time...my hatch was rattling bad as well as the sunroof when I traded the car in a few weeks ago...

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I hate the rattles on my car. My CF Hood rattles (no hood pins), my top interior lights area with the glasses holder rattles VERY badly to the bass of my subs, my passenger seats actually does a vibrating rattle when I go over speed bumps, theres a buzzing noise type of rattle when my exhaust is in a low tone somewhere in my car, my driver door creeks when I take a right turn and my top defroster vent area sometimes rattles by my driver side.

Oh yeah, drives me insane, so I normally have the music up so the only thing I hear is the top interior light spot rattling

And just over 9,000 miles on the car. Oh brother, good job Hyundai! :3_winkthu

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts
Hmmm, no rattles yet on mine to speak of except when I get on it hard, and I think that's my SRI, but I could be wrong.

20k miles on mine - an '04.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Here is something to check on your passenger side door panel. The seat belt (the metal part) might be touching the plastic that wraps around onto the side of the passenger seat. My car does this and it causes a rattle. And the reason you cant hear it when you have your parents in the car (if they buckle up) is because the piece is not there to rattle anymore. Hope this helps. Oh....i havent come up with a solution yet, so if this is your problem and you come up with one...let me know

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HBNR86 said:
Here is something to check on your passenger side door panel. The seat belt (the metal part) might be touching the plastic that wraps around onto the side of the passenger seat. My car does this and it causes a rattle. And the reason you cant hear it when you have your parents in the car (if they buckle up) is because the piece is not there to rattle anymore. Hope this helps. Oh....i havent come up with a solution yet, so if this is your problem and you come up with one...let me know
cool, thanx im goin to school now so i'll just buckle that seatbelt and see if it makes a difference.

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
i have no rattles anymore...realized the rattling I had was only due to a single cd sitting in my glove compartment in the cd holder thing...exhaust was making it move.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Amen to that, mine does that too. On the driver side belt there's a button in the belt that keeps the metal part from sliding down the belt and knocking against the plastic on the side of the drivers seat, but I don't see one on the passenger belt.

HBNR86 said:

·
Registered
218 Posts
kcantread said:
Amen to that, mine does that too. On the driver side belt there's a button in the belt that keeps the metal part from sliding down the belt and knocking against the plastic on the side of the drivers seat, but I don't see one on the passenger belt.
that's strange cuz i have one for the passenger side.. it's a flat sliding thing and i just slide it up so that the metal doesn't rattle against the passenger seat fold latch thingy, but i dont have one for the driver's side.. i have an 06 GT Limited, but i'm no tib expert so i wouldn't know if that'd make a difference..

interior rattles are pissing me off as it started the week i bought my car.. both doors seem to creek and tick as i gas or brake (even lightly) ESPECIALLY the driver's door.. i'm guessing that its poor build and the doors are flexing or something, but it's only gotten worse.. dealer said they found nothing.. but when i got the car back the music was on full blast.. maybe that's why haha.. anyone else have this problem with the doors making noise while turning/braking/etc.?

Mike

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
krayziazndragon said:
that's strange cuz i have one for the passenger side.. it's a flat sliding thing and i just slide it up so that the metal doesn't rattle against the passenger seat fold latch thingy, but i dont have one for the driver's side.. i have an 06 GT Limited, but i'm no tib expert so i wouldn't know if that'd make a difference..

interior rattles are pissing me off as it started the week i bought my car.. both doors seem to creek and tick as i gas or brake (even lightly) ESPECIALLY the driver's door.. i'm guessing that its poor build and the doors are flexing or something, but it's only gotten worse.. dealer said they found nothing.. but when i got the car back the music was on full blast.. maybe that's why haha.. anyone else have this problem with the doors making noise while turning/braking/etc.?

Mike
ya i got the exact same problem, it sounds like everything is twisting and it just kills me. To make it worse i have my two back seats down for stuff and that whole area just goes insane. my passenger seat also vibrates violently wenever i go over a bump or accelerate or brake hard. i just don't know wut to do. anyone know if a centerbar would help like this one

1 - 20 of 25 Posts