Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to get tint and wanted to do it on my day off on Friday. It's been sprinkling and cloudly lately which is unusual for AZ - will that affect the job on the windows?

Also, I'm usually inclined to shop for a good price - is there anything to make sure I get or make sure the shop does, etc. to qualify them as a "quality" shop?

Trying to balance a great job with a great price if that's possible...

·
Registered
819 Posts
mistergin said:
Need to get tint and wanted to do it on my day off on Friday. It's been sprinkling and cloudly lately which is unusual for AZ - will that affect the job on the windows?

Also, I'm usually inclined to shop for a good price - is there anything to make sure I get or make sure the shop does, etc. to qualify them as a "quality" shop?

Trying to balance a great job with a great price if that's possible...

The weather shouldn't have an effect on the job because chances are they will put it on inside the garage, I paid around $200-$250 for mine but it was at a reputable place that does a lot of business in my area- if I were you, I would make sure wherever you go that they know what they are doing and do it often enough that it's believable, you don't want to end up driving off with a sloppy tint with lots of tiny air bubbles and short $250 in your bank account. All of my buddies got their tint done at the place before me so I knew I was in good hands, but if you don't know for sure try googling some random search queries on tint around your zip code and see what comes up (sometimes you even get reviews for places).

·
Registered
563 Posts
depends i guess, the best is lifetime warranty on the tint job. price could range from 125 to 250.

Once it's done make sure that everthing is aligned and no excess is sticking out, that is currently happening to me as someone bashed my driver side window and had it retinted and it's now peeling at the top...I had a 30 day warranty and it started to peel after that. but I guess I get what i paid for, 30 bucks CDN per window.

ask the shop questions like warranty, by law, defaults, pros/cons, price, Etc...

and make sure that once your tint is installed that you won't be using the car much for at least 2 days because our door windows dont have a frame it'll rub on the rubber going up and down and on and off...give it time to settle

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah.. you know what, I think I may wait. I was hoping to budget no more than 150 total for the windows but it looks like I may want to be a tad bit more liberal with the budget. Tint is huge when it's fscked up and something people notice for sure :(

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll probably stock away a bill in savings and just pile on as I get closer to summer..

This does free up some cash for the chrome door handles and accessories needed to clear the fronts though (YAY!) :)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
thats weak! tint makes such a big difference, i think you'd be more happy if you did it now....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I would be too, but not only will the car be used heavily this weekend (meaning I risk damaging it), I'm stuck with about 120 for tint and the rest for tax and whatnot. I'd feel better saving for an extra month or two to get enough for a great job with barely legal tint, ya know?

·
Registered
819 Posts
mistergin said:
Ah.. you know what, I think I may wait. I was hoping to budget no more than 150 total for the windows but it looks like I may want to be a tad bit more liberal with the budget. Tint is huge when it's fscked up and something people notice for sure :(

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll probably stock away a bill in savings and just pile on as I get closer to summer..

This does free up some cash for the chrome door handles and accessories needed to clear the fronts though (YAY!) :)

I didn't mean to put you off, I really think you should get it- it was the first thing I had done to my car and it made a WORLD of difference, believe me. Also, the amount I paid was because it's generally more expensive where I am located to have it done professionally- you should have no problem finding a decent place to do it for $150.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
You can still drive the car around all you want, just don't put the windows down for at least 3 days...

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
3M window tint!...lifetime warranty.......and it goes on the inside...

my bro and dad have it on their cars.......its llooks pretty amazing (they have limo tint)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
found a place down the road that'll do it for 180 with a lifetime warranty. They have 3 quality packages and its' the mid one (he recommended it) and the deal cuts 10% off for the rest of the month. Figured it'd be a decent deal and I think I can swing it.

Dark tint does make all the difference, especially when there's a female in the car who may enjoy a few minutes of privacy :eek:

·
Registered
733 Posts
You say the tint you are gonna get is guarenteed for life, and that is a huge plus. I got my windows tinted for $150 and they are 20%. Now the same guy that gave me a lifetime warranty for 20% will not give a warranty at all for 5% tint. So darker isnt always better!
Ken

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, good to know.. Luckily since it's black I think the tint will look darker due to the color contrasts. However, still pushing for as barely legal as possible :eek:

·
Registered
356 Posts
if you got a dark interior your tint will look pretty dark. I have 15% and it looks more like limo 5% tint. and the difference in AZ is huge just like in FL. cannot drive with the windows down anymore! haha... before you get the tint at that place, just make sure to have the guy show you some of his work beforehand. that's the one thing I'd make sure. and make sure you get high performance metallic tint! if they offer lifetime warranty, most likely they use metallic tint tho. good luck.

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
just make sure no bubbles, and they didn't half *** and leave and inch on the top of the window uncovered.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Yellowwasabi said:
just make sure no bubbles, and they didn't half *** and leave and inch on the top of the window uncovered.
lol i was gonna post everything you just did.

when i got my 5% tint done (hyundai threw it in the deal) i told the salesman, dont have some guy do a half a*s job and leave dirt on my windown or stickers before he tints them, and make sure he tints to the TOP of the window.

by the way man im sure someone posted this already but NEVER USE WINDEX ON YOUR TINTS!!!! :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Tiburon628 said:
lol i was gonna post everything you just did.
by the way man im sure someone posted this already but NEVER USE WINDEX ON YOUR TINTS!!!! :)
You're going to want to buy Stoner's window cleaner.

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
just use invisible glass..cheap...easy to find...easy to use...safe for tints...great product

1 - 20 of 29 Posts