Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock exhaust on my car, but I put app1 carbon fiber mufflers on last year, you could tell a small gain, now I am thinking about taking that off and running 2 1/2 inch piping from the cat to the back and only running single exhaust, would that help any and how would it sound

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
It'll sound like 4000 bumble bee's locked in a coffie can traveling at the speed of light.
Gains should be anywhere in the 6-8000 hp range.
on a serious note try the search function.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
you would get more gains running single exhaust...most people keep the duals cuz of the looks.....and do us all a favor, change your font

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The piping will help increase your Hp. The sound is determined by the pipes and muffler,,,,if you're a v-6 it should be a pretty low tone.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry about the font the g/f did it, but you think just switching to 2 1/2 all the back and maybe keep duals, or do single, I want it to sound awesome and look good

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I think the specks are a little higher at 3"... not 100% on that but I believe it was Magnaflow that has the specks on their website... I dunno... I know it began with an M.... maybe mussa

stay dual and just do a Y setup after the CAT... it will be the same

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
JDOGG said:
It'll sound like 4000 bumble bee's locked in a coffie can traveling at the speed of light.
Gains should be anywhere in the 6-8000 hp range.
on a serious note try the search function.
LMFAO....I was gonna say the same smarta** comment. :3_yes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is what I am getting done, 2 1/4 back from cat, into my mufflers.... they are also taking out the resonator

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Jeeeezus , Just get the SSA complete exhaust system if yer gonna do that kinda crap. 2 1/4 exhaust is no gain and a complete waste of money at a shop that uses a hydralic bender , jus save your money and do it right

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they are pretty good, they have all the newer equipment, have done exhaust for me before

1 - 11 of 11 Posts