Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a SE tiburon 03 auto with 54 000kms and I just seen on from my local hyndai dealer for a GT 03 manual with 61 000kms there asking 15 000can and I was wondering how much my trade in value be?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I don't think that would be worth the hassle just to get a manual.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
alot of people prefer to drive manuals. Myself, i would never drive an automatic unless my life depended on it. Then i would just die.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I think he is more interested in the fact that the one he is looking at is a V6 since he is driving an i4. Go to www.NADA.com and you can get an idea on your trade in value.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
komokazi said:
alot of people prefer to drive manuals. Myself, i would never drive an automatic unless my life depended on it. Then i would just die.
Dont knock the auto. Some of the fastest Tibs on here are. The APE motors 10 sec tib is an auto as well....

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
TIBTUNR said:
Dont knock the auto. Some of the fastest Tibs on here are. The APE motors 10 sec tib is an auto as well....
That might be true... But I still prefer a manual any day of the week. Way more fun to drive. Manuals FTW! :3_nosthum

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
The reason the fastest vehicles are autos because most companies dont make clutches to handle the power.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
theironmonk said:
the fastest tibs are autos because that is what the owner wanted. Few automatics can be beaten the same way a manual can.
not really, a good auto will shift faster than a manual, for drag racing auto > manual, for track you need more control over the gears, thus things like shiftronic come into play.

its not just that there arent any clutches that can handle the power, because that APE car completly rebuilt that tranny, so if they wanted they could have done the same for a manual and made the parts to hold the power, but they didnt for a reason.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
It has been proven time and again... Autos run more CONSISTENT times at the dragstrip.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
auto are faster...when you get down to 13 second cars. But for a basic i/h/e tib, a manual will be faster. Plus manuals have less drivetrain loss (sometimes in it self only a small margin). But what people do forget is exactly what 05gt said.

05GT said:
It has been proven time and again... Autos run more CONSISTENT times at the dragstrip.
auto's are much more consistent, its just hard to get the same time every time with a manual. you have to do everything exactly the same on every run, which is very tough to do

1 - 13 of 13 Posts