Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to alall the other Sharks

I've been contemplating moving on from the Tib over this winter after finally getting it up and running after the tuning done this summer. I've come to the conclusion that my love for the car was the project, the building, planning and sourcing of parts and I feel at a lost now that that phase is done. Eventually I am wanting to move on from the Tib and build another project that I can modify, but Im at a loss as to what that may be.

The next build must be a RWD/ AWD car as I'd really like my next build to be something purpose oriented for either track day fun or the occasional drag. I want to start with a platform that is meant to be used for these types of things rather than making the car something it isnt. I'd also prefer it to be something that is factory boosted so as to avoid further headaches later on as I'd also really like to explore turbocharging as it is not something I've had experience with as of yet. Im also contemplating the muscle cars as an option given their inherent readiness to be pushed.

Input and thoughts on potential platforms moving forward? I've been looking at STi, Camaros, Mustangs, GT86, 370Z, S2000, RX7s. Also potentially interested in exploring older JDM platforms for a completely different feel

Honestly just open to everyone's 2 cents and interested in your inputs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
have you thought about miatas? I just got one and for a low powered "slow" car its a blast to drive. Not only that but the aftermarket is flooded with parts for them and the older models can be had for very affordable prices. Not a super car by any stretch of the imagination but they are rwd and some did come with turbos.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I haven't been on much either lately. Too bad nobody wanted the built Tib, so much work in there I wouldn't have broken it down. Glad you stayed with the KDM side tho. Can't stand all these kids blowing up WRXs for an extra 100 hp or whatever these days... If I had a dollar for every modified impreeza I've seen the last few years I would have retired already. FT86 would have been a fun build, but once again starting with no guts just like the Tiburon. All those other platforms everythings already been done, no sense in doing a pony car or fairlady. My logic is either buy a cheapo and put the money in or get something already fast.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If your looking for the project and assuming you can do a lot of work yourself why don’t you look at small cars that have a platform that is used by a lot of other vehicles? For example the Toyota Matrix or celica, you can get the matrix all wheel drive and the motor has a stock supercharger on it on a lotus.. so all wheel drive supercharged Celica Lol... that just an example but that platform uses a lot of different drive systems and engines

1 - 5 of 5 Posts