• 2nd option

Votes: 22 95.7%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE ON POST 20!!

I am planning on shading my third brake light and I can not decide on which design I want to go with. I have a buddy that makes stickers and vinyls. So I was going to have him make me a sticker, place it on my third brake light, nite shade over it, and then remove it so the brake light will shine through where the sticker was.

1st option

2nd option

·
Registered
299 Posts
hands down second one, thats something id definitely do to, gotta show pics before and after asap

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update! Well I finally got around to doing this. Now all I need to do is wet sand and have them clear coated at a shop.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i don't know how well the second option will look when finished. it's hard with break lights because you really need to be CLOSE to the car like literally right behind it to actually read them. even my tiburon third brake light on my high spoiler is not visible to read unless you are the car behind, -says my friend..

good luck though i chose option 2 and i hope it works out well.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:bigeek3:Am I the only person that sees that I already went with the second option and posted a pic of it about finished :3_confuse

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol alright I was making sure I wasn't seeing things. I thought everyone was still referring to the first post.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
looks like it came out good. curious to see how it looks when you actually apply it to the light.

·
Dedication to Thai Cuisine
7,687 Posts
go with the 1st option, definitely. otherwise you will get pulled over.
lolz just kidding post pics

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Uhh refer to post 4? Anyways I don't see how I am going to get pulled over for the second option (that I chose) ?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have mine completely night shaded and I havent had any problems, if anything it will make it so you dont get pulled over because you will actually see the brake light.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've seen a handful of these that have Tuscani cut out. I plan on getting one sooner than later!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've seen a handful of these that have Tuscani cut out. I plan on getting one sooner than later!
Uhh it's not exactly the same thing. There is no sticker on the light. I did have a sticker on it that's how I got the design. I niteshaded over the sticker and pulled it off. I'm dropping it off at a shop tomorrow for clear coating.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Uhh it's not exactly the same thing. There is no sticker on the light. I did have a sticker on it that's how I got the design. I niteshaded over the sticker and pulled it off. I'm dropping it off at a shop tomorrow for clear coating.
Nice. Looking forward to seeing how it turned out.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just about forgot about this thread. Anyways I had this done a couple of weeks ago. Personally it turned out really great IMO. But the only down fall is that it's completely too dark. You can not see it unless you get right up on the car and that's during the day. I eventually came to the conclusion that I like it the way it is. I don't have to worry about my car being easily identifiable. Plus for anyone who thought it might look ricey or tacky it's really not noticeable. Even if I hit the brakes it just looks like I missed niteshading a small piece.

I had to use flash today just to get the contrast.

At night it's pointless how dark you shade your third brake light I used about 15 coats of niteshade and I softly wet sanded with 1000 grit. It still shines through the niteshade really well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts