Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got 42k miles

and to night my a/c was cold....but it got to cold so i turned it off......then I turn it back on like 2 mins later and it was not so cold......cool....warm or same as outside temp.

NOW i was just in like a month ago for the same thing.....buttttttt they said it was the nobs....BTW they put 05-06 nobs on my 03

soooo if its not coverd I can tell them that....cause THAT is still coverd

edit-A/C NO WORKY
the blower works but it is not cold.....you get it now?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
this.........................

Tuscanishark007 said:
i got 42k miles

and to night my a/c was cold....but it got to cold so i turned it off......then I turn it back on like 2 mins later it was not so cold......cool....warm or same as outside temp.

NOW i was just in like a month ago for the same thing.....buttttttt they said it was the nobs....BTW they put 05-06 nobs on my 03

soooo if its not coverd I can tell them that....cause THAT is still coverd

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Yea.. it's only like $35 bucks or so for a recharge. The should check to make sure that you don't have a leak first though...

·
Registered
792 Posts
yea man... easy fix... 42k sounds a bit early, but if you don't use it much that's what happens... or if you use it too much.. i think it costs under $100.... or you can do it yourself...

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
:.peter.: said:
yea man... easy fix... 42k sounds a bit early, but if you don't use it much that's what happens... or if you use it too much.. i think it costs under $100.... or you can do it yourself...
yeah... my buddies were not too happy when my AC didnt work on the way to Chicago this past summer... ROFL :D I didnt even know it didnt work until they wanted it on (in 90 degree + weather that weekend). Also i only have 28k miles.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Go to wal-mart or autozone or something and get an a/c refill kit, it has a gauge+recharging stuff.
You'll put it in the a/c line(I belive it has a pink cap?) near the passenger side of the motor next to the firewall. The instructions on the kit should be self explanitory,,,,cheap $35 fix.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
05GT said:
Yea.. it's only like $35 bucks or so for a recharge. The should check to make sure that you don't have a leak first though...

guys it doesnt need to be re-charged

if so i would do it at work.... and there is no leak.

the blower is not even working right now.

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
If the pressure is too low, the compressor will not come on....saves itself. If its the switch, bypass it to see if it comes on.

EDIT: But the blower will, just with hot air.

If it was leaking, refill it with a dye, so you can see where it is leaking from. I don't know why Hyundai didn't do that initially. I have a high pressure line leak just near the compressor.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
c-man said:
If the pressure is too low, the compressor/"blower" will not come on....saves itself. If its the switch, bypass it to see if it comes on.

If it was leaking, refill it with a dye, so you can see where it is leaking from. I don't know why Hyundai didn't do that initially. I have a high pressure line lean just near the compressor.
Wrong, the compressor won't come on, but the blower will still work.

If you're have issues with your fan not working now, but it worked yesterday when the ac went warm, I wonder if it's your wiring on your ac control panel. It's possible the signal for the ac compressor clutch relay to turn on may be fubar'd. First things first, get it hooked up to a set of gauges and get a pressure reading to see what your refrigerant levels are, and go from there. Also, if you do end up buying one of those recharge kits, DO NOT buy the ones with the leak sealent in them. That stuff can seriously mess up your whole ac system, requiring a very pricey repair.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts