Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was on my way to class yesterday and i went to put my key in the ignition. and what did i see... my key had been broken in half. Half in the ignition the other half on my key ring. I know the cost of getting it out would be insane, so i going to try to pull it out myself first. Does anyone have an idea on how to remove the remaining key out of the ignition? Has this happen to anyone here on the boards?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
any chance part of it is sticking out? if not then i got no clue how u would get it out

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
A local locksmith should be able to pull that right out. $50 tops...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The key is deep in the ignition. but the funny thing is that i can still start my car.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
TVT said:
The key is deep in the ignition. but the funny thing is that i can still start my car.

haha... all of the locker/blockers are engaged... so yea.. there shouldn't be a problem starting it.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Mine broke off in my hatch lock... had to take the lock apart to get it out. But for the ignition you'll have to call a locksmith

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
dab a needle or a pin in a very small amount of superglue and then very ( read ! VERY ! ) carefully stick it in the ignition and try to touch it to the end of the key . i did this on my first car and it worked . ( then a month later the key got put in upside down by a friend and i just drove around with a missing ignition . it was nice to just stick my finger in the column and turn a little peice to start it )

·
Registered
178 Posts
Karma said:
dab a needle or a pin in a very small amount of superglue and then very ( read ! VERY ! ) carefully stick it in the ignition and try to touch it to the end of the key . i did this on my first car and it worked . ( then a month later the key got put in upside down by a friend and i just drove around with a missing ignition . it was nice to just stick my finger in the column and turn a little peice to start it )
because that doesnt make it easier for the crooks! heh j/p kinda funny though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts