Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh GREATTT!!! another problem... ok it started when I got back from a trip to GA last weekend. I left the car in perfect running condition on friday and when I came back on saturday it feels like it lost about 50 horsepower. I'm thinkin great what the hell could have happened in two days right? well heres what I think happened. I threw some injector cleaner in the tank, put on a new airfilter, and it didnt help. so now im thinking back to the time when the tensioner bolt broke off the serpentine belt tensioner and let the support for one side grind on the idler pulley for a while. im hoping to god that nothing is torn up in there. so I pull off the tensioner today and take a look everything looks fine except the belt has a hell of alot of freeplay in between the rear head and the idler. this cant be normal can it? I dont remember how much freeplay there was when I put the thing on because it was so long ago. I also checked the plugs and they look normal so my only guess is the timing belt is off. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
that does seem like alot of slack but ive only done 1 timing belt install so im not to sure

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
nope,

your problem doesnt sound the same as mine lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts