Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched and couldn't find anything on this. Has anybody blocked their throttle body coolant lines? Anything that adds heat to FI/SC intake air might be good to get rid of. Sounds like a good idea in theory, would it actually make any difference?
TIA

Larry

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
It's been covered on here. People up north (haha) were just concerned with freezing the TB during winter. Me. I'd like to know how hot the the TB is without the coolant going through it, and how it is with the coolant. I'd have to see that before actually bypassing, because the coolant may be cooling the TB slightly. Keep in mind all the heat being transferred from the IM on a NA tib. I don't have that problem because my IM on my sc is aqua cooled, and no matter how hard I drive it, it's ambient temped. So my TB aalong with my SRI don't have that heated probelm.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Done and done. No noticed differences. Makes it easier to move around with tools with less hoses running around the TB.

-BRR

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Did mine last summer - did not notice any diff but last Wednesday we had a nice -30 morning wakeup call and since i remote start my car - no problem what so ever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.