Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throttle cable is so slack it dosent move throttle body, I’m going to replace the hole thing inside and out but will the cable from an 08 gt work in 05 gt?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cable barley moves if I go under the dash fully depress depedal I have to pull the cable with my hand to make it open throttle body

·
Super Moderator
8,623 Posts
Is it broken?
There is an adjustment, you should be able to just tighten it up.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Under the dash it looks like a piece may have come out of fire wall it’s really odd how much slack there is so I’m just going to replace the hole thing and be done with it I found a 08 gt I can strip for parts. Is there anything else in the 08 I should pull for my 05 ?

·
Super Moderator
8,623 Posts
Being picky.....but....."whole" not "hole".
Many under body parts swap. Bumper covers, headlights, etc. don't swap easy.

When in doubt, look up parts on RockAuto.com.

Frankly, your throttle issue may be resolved with some 0.020SS safety wire. But, that's me.....

Basically, most cable systems rely on the outer housing to provide a fixed point. The inner cable does a fixed movement.
Anchoring the outer bit helps the inner cable. Fix the outer mount (if you can) so the inner is correct.

Just my thoughts.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fixed it I did an engine swap becuse timing went on other motor and I didn’t change the throttle cable mount from old motor to this one I think that was to a sonata or some **** can’t rember what they said motor came from thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts