Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey was hoping that one of you experts can help me out with this - I just purchased a 03 gt v6 - My gas pedal is very sticky. I lubed all joints and cables which helpd a little - Now to my question - my thottle cable has a lot of slack in it if it is the one closest to the motor not the firewall - the adjustment screw with the 2 bolts is at its tightest adjustment - Any ideas how to tighten this cable up? - Is there another adjustment somewhere else throughout the cable. thnxs for any help - Sorry if this isnt perfect wording or english - Im at work typing this

·
Registered
939 Posts
You might be on to something with the cable, but if the valve inside the throttle body is sticky, I think that can cause the throttle to stick as well. Might want to look in the TB and clean it out...

Someone else will probably chime in about the cable.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
it has 2 nuts that u tighten to make it tighter or looser.. How much play do u have because there is sopose to be some there. Question, how many miles do you have? Could you a good throttle body cleaning. Either take the TB off and clean or go buy some of the spray and do it. I use the spray

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it has 2 nuts that u tighten to make it tighter or looser.. How much play do u have because there is sopose to be some there. Question, how many miles do you have? Could you a good throttle body cleaning. Either take the TB off and clean or go buy some of the spray and do it. I use the spray
Just cleaned out the throttle body last night - wasnt too bad for 60k miles on the car - I have alot of slack (1 inch) in the cable closest the the motor which i assume is throttle and the one closest to the firewall is cruise? - I've already tried the 2 nuts and they are all the way at their end (cant be tightened anymore ) - thats why i was hoping there was another adjustment scew elsewhere on the cable - thnxs for your quick repsonses

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
not that im aware, there should be some play and ur throttle does normally hang a little, like when u shift itll go up 200 rpms give or take. maybe its something to do with the pedal set up itself

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not that im aware, there should be some play and ur throttle does normally hang a little, like when u shift itll go up 200 rpms give or take. maybe its something to do with the pedal set up itself
Well My rpm's dont really rise due to the fidanza flywheel - the sitckyness is when you first touch the gas pedal - it takes alot of force to move the cable initially resulting in it being vary hard to slighty bring up rpms to take of in first gear - pretty much as soon as you push the gas pedal down the rpms jump to 2k - very hard to slight raise rpms to 1100 or 1500 . thnxs again for the options - also I have sprayed the spring in the gas pedal with white lith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts