Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 hyundai tiburon 5 speed

I installed this clutch kit.autoparts.com

I know its cheap yada yada I should have just gone with the excedy OEM kit. I also got a new flywheel because why not:grin2:. I am doing this withought removing the sub frame, I installed everything and tightened the flywheel, and pressure place to spec after I lined up the clutch disc by hand; and it lined up and everything was going smooth. I put the throwout bearing in place nice and easy. Lined up the transmission and tightened a few bolts just in case I need to open it back up. But the throwout bearing will not seat into the pressure plate when I pry on the fork lever, I don't know why! I need to get back on the road for work and school! Can anyone verify what is going on or what I should do? It sucks... This should have been a 2 hour process... THANK YOU

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I opened it back up to try and see if I could shove the throw out bearing into the pressure plate by hand and I can't even do that...

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Check the condition of the snap ring that hold the TOB in place. Also some TOB's are garbage and can actually be made wrong to fit inside the pressure plate.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I have a similar kit for the V6 sitting here, only difference is that mine has an OEM/Valeo PP. The generic TOB clips to the PP without much force (man that was pain getting back out).

If you have a pair of calipers, the TOB I have measures 1.492" on the larger OD and 1.410" on the snap ring groove. If yours measures the same maybe it's a problem with the PP.

If all else fails and you want to try an OEM/Valeo TOB, the part number is 41421-39000. Expect to pay $50-60 for one.

The OEM part number for a Valeo HDC-37 PP is 41300-28031. A complete Valeo kit is part number 52152601.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts