Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that my car has almost 11k miles it seems like my driver's seat is more comfortable than it was when it was brand new. It seems like it is a little softer and the side bolsters hold me in a little better.

Anyone else notice this or am I just imagining things??

·
Registered
434 Posts
im never comfortable in mine, my neck kills me

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
meh, i think mine is about the same. the only dif is the leather looks like crap after 15K miles.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
staw512 said:
^^ even before that......

true. took about 1K miles for mine to show where my wallet is in my pocket.

·
Banned
173 Posts
44k and my leather looks fine and it def. loosened up!

·
Registered
360 Posts
i put meguiars leather cleaner/conditioner on my leather once a week. I bought the car used about a month back and could tell the previous owner didnt take car of the leather at all. Now after regular care its starting to look better.

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
My cloth seats got a lot harder over time.

Yay for my racing seats!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting. I have the '05 SE, so only the bolsters are leather. The mesh cloth stuff in the middle seems to be loosening up a little over time (which is a good thing).

I also use Meguiars on all the leather parts--but I use the wipes.

·
Registered
802 Posts
had mine since '03..mine has definately softened up and are very comfortable. They have the leather wrinkles really bad now but no cracks ( i condition them quite often)..the middle section i have replaced with a colored vinyl (pink obviously) but it feels the same to me as the original leather.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
it just takes time for the seat to mold up to fit ones ***

·
Registered
292 Posts
My has 43K an looks normal for the 43K.
Leather seats neads slight care!!!
For example "Black Magic" 2-in-1 LEATHER CARE :3_nosthum

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
I lexol the hell out of mine and they don't look that bad, especially the passenger seat. My driver one has a butt fold in the bolster, but they still look pretty damn good after almost 100k miles.

And yes, I have noticed that my seats got a lot softer after they got worked in a little bit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts