Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats right... Some jealous sob jacked with the tib. Its one gash all the way down the drivers side of the car, starting at the gas cap and ending at the front bumber. Think it happened at school. What should I do? I really want it fixed. Theres no way the police or insurance can help? What should I do to the person if I ever find out who did it? input

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
control your anger, if you find them get them arrested--it isnt worth going to jail for. you can probably make an insurance claim but your rates will increase. the police can get involved, but there is little they can do. how are you not sure if it happened at school? you didnt notice it on the drivers side of the car? in situations like this you normally have to bend over and take it up the tailpipe.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Had it happen to me not too long ago right after I spent all day washing and waxing it. Came out the next morning and BAM. Tried using touch up paint and did my best but it still looks like crap! Need to get the front fender and the door repainted someday.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Doesn't this fall under the category of vandalism? Why don't you look into claiming it as such and then you might just have to pay your deductible and everything will be all set.

Sorry your tib got cut. :3_nooo:

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
SpiffyJ said:
Doesn't this fall under the category of vandalism? Why don't you look into claiming it as such and then you might just have to pay your deductible and everything will be all set.

Sorry your tib got cut. :3_nooo:
yea it does and thats why my elantra was covered when it was keyed a few years ago.. now it all depends if he has full coverage....

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
Crook4life07 said:
i have full coverage. How much do you think the deductable will be?
You should know that yourself when you first got your insurance. Normally its like $500, $1000 maybe cheaper, maybe more

you have to understand that some insurances, if you make a claim, even from vandalism .. it will make your insurance go up. If I made a claim for vandalism, mine would go up. Everyone I've talked to says to check how much it would be to fix it first, because your insurance may go up if your claim it and if its only like $200 or whatever over your deductable, it wouldn't be worth it

·
Registered
242 Posts
My tib got keyed a few months ago over night. Back to front then to the back and to the front again. $1700 in damage. Took it to body shop and my insurance covered it, no rate raise. All I had to pay was $100 deductable cause it wasnt a normal accident or it would have been $250 deductable.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
best thing to do is call your insurance company first and find out your info. Ur rates wont go up for calling and asking. Talk to an agent, not just some1 at front desk. Find out if you claim will your rates raise and get est of how much and for how long and then find out your deductible. Then if u find out rates will increase take your car to a reputable body shop (this is going to require painted and fading panels on the side of your car so you dont want some crappy shop doing it) and get a qoute. Sit and down and look and see which one will be cheaper route to go.

If your insurance says they will cover and no raise in rate and your deductible is less then the cost of repair then go through your insurance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.