Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 381 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, it's official!

Who?: Any hyundai that wants to come
What?: An official competition will be held for the cleanest tib! TROPHIES ARE UP FOR GRABS!!
Where?: Hyundai Dealership in Spartanburg SC. Here's a link --->http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hyundai+dealership&near=Spartanburg,+SC&fb=1&cid=0,0,4956034341273176748&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image

When?: March 29th, 2pm until ???
Other points of interest?: Besides the trophies...

-Privately owned shops in the area, (Elite Audio, Unique Audio, and others) have committed to donating a couple of wings, a brand new SET OF RIMS, and possibly some sound system components!! Owners and employees from each shop will represent themselves by showing up and seeing what us Tiburons are REALLY about!
-Elite Audio has also agreed to *pimp out* one of the Dealership's 07 Tiburons to be revealed at the show by a few lovely ladies!
-All registered Tiburons in the area have been notified of the show, which means more competition for everyone!
-Advertisement for the show will be in the Spartanburg Herald. Adds will be printed in the paper every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday until March 29!!!
-Free food!
-Music and Entertainment!
-A chance to meet the one, the only, SHANKS! (I know alot of you are coming from a ways so I am offering a place to stay overnight if you need. PM me to reserve! Limited space... lol.).

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
PM me and let me know that you are coming! We want to have enough food. It's free so let's order plenty of it.

People who have PMed me to say they are coming: (* means they have been doubly confirmed; #'s mean how many guests they are bringing.)
1. Irish Shark*
2. Tibtnr* (1)
3. 04ElantraGTScott*
4. Shanks Racing*
5. JC03Tib
6. Erik*
7. Ingles Tib*
8. Freez007*
9. Projectib*
10. Smok3FOX*
11. Donald
12. DoubleGlox*
13. DoubleGlox's girlfriend (who has a tib)
14. 98tib* (1)
15. farewell_goodbye2u*
16. mjr07tib*
17. grtwhiteshark05tib*
People staying at Shanks' house: (bed space for 4 (5 if you want to sleep in the same bed as me, lmao), plus 6 sleeping bags in the game room for just such an occasion)

Bed Space:
1. 04elantraGTscott
2. Irishshark
3. Irishshark's guest?
4. ProjectTib

Floor Space:

·
Registered
336 Posts
thats cool that your gettin a meet together, man i wish there were some meets closer to my area, or alot more tibs on here that are in arkansas

·
Registered
542 Posts
oh yeah im gunnin for that trophy

lets get that party started
Im with you buddy lol. Hopefully ill be able to throw on enough to make it in the top 3 depending on who comes. Hopefully #1 but i know i got competition :).

For anyone that may be interested in coming that will be driving from the lower SC state or Florida there will be about 3-4 of us driving there from Charleston Area South Carolina. So if you want to meet with us to drive the rest of the distance for some added pleasure just pm me and I will set it up so we all arrive together.

Mad Props to Shanks for this SC meet. Great job buddy! This will be a milestone in the SC meets that are to come of that im sure.

GET YOUR MODS GOING GUYS AND GALS CAUSE ITS GANNA BE A TOUGH SHOW :3_winkthu

·
Registered
271 Posts
hey you know im in as well i will be cruising up there with the other guys from this area

hey i gota question you state for any hyundai but

the award part states this ? What?: An official competition will be held for the cleanest tib! TROPHIES ARE UP FOR GRABS!!

wouldnt that be unfair? if i come in my elantra?

<cross your fingers i have my tiburon front bumper on by then>

·
Registered
542 Posts
hey you know im in as well i will be cruising up there with the other guys from this area

hey i gota question you state for any hyundai but

the award part states this ? What?: An official competition will be held for the cleanest tib! TROPHIES ARE UP FOR GRABS!!

wouldnt that be unfair? if i come in my elantra?

<cross your fingers i have my tiburon front bumper on by then>
Good Point Scottie. Yeah Shanks make sure the manager/owner knows not just hyundai tiburons will be arriving so ask him to recruit other than just tiburon and also ask him to open a award section for Elantra's and Accent's.

Dont believe there would be another class needed...

Tell him to make one of the tiburon prized some Tuscani Floor Mats for my 03 tib as well. lol

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
IrishShark- let me know how many people you have coming with you so I can add it to my tally.

Scottie- Ummm, I am not sure about the different "class" trophy possibity, but I will certainly make sure that you have an equal shot at the main trophy just like everyone else! (The reason I say separate classes wouldn't work out is cause there won't be enough competition in other classes. I mean so far I have only had two people PM me to say they're coming.)

Everyone else- MAKE SURE YOU SEND ME A HEADS UP TO LET ME KNOW YOU"RE COMING!!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
i thought posting in the thread was good enough to say im coming
if you dont want to have mulitple classes just say hyundai cause right now u have an elantra / accent and then a few tiburons

·
Registered
271 Posts
hey my friend with a 98 elantra wants to come

irish - he lives on the way to spartanburg so if its cool for him to come along we may have to stop at like a gas station near where he lives cause its right off i-26

·
Registered
542 Posts
hey my friend with a 98 elantra wants to come

irish - he lives on the way to spartanburg so if its cool for him to come along we may have to stop at like a gas station near where he lives cause its right off i-26
Sounds good to me, I talked to erik with the 06 Accent and we were talking about leaving around 9-10am so we could get there a little early. So we would have plenty of time to meet up w/ him on the way. If that time works for all of us.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Love the concept of a show to see who can get his car the cleanest rather than a contest to see who spent the most money on aftermarket doodads.

I'd consider going but there's an ultra mega mega Miata meet (300+ cars) the same weekend in Myrtle Beach and we've already signed up for that.

·
Registered
271 Posts
well thats cool maybe if this meet goes well we could have even a bigger meet somewhere in the south id be totally up for like a summer meet in myrtle beach or a local beach near charleston south carolina
and then have a cruise thru downtown and on the battery park and take awesome pictures

·
Registered
542 Posts
well thats cool maybe if this meet goes well we could have even a bigger meet somewhere in the south id be totally up for like a summer meet in myrtle beach or a local beach near charleston south carolina
and then have a cruise thru downtown and on the battery park and take awesome pictures
Yeah thats a great idea. Never thought about how great pictures would look from the battery but its a perfect spot to get some excellent shots.

·
Registered
76 Posts
hmm...I want to go but not sure if i have off on that day or not...I will know like 2 weeks prior or so

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I actually got a video camera myself! I also got a camera, but its no professional camera. (power shot A510)

1 - 20 of 381 Posts