Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are from 7-31-09, like most my other videos, its at a 1/8th mile track, this time i was trying a different spot for video taping where we would have less problems with people in the way and get a better view. It didnt work as well as i was hoping, i wasnt very happy with the quality of the videos. the camera is positioned just after the finish line, you can see it in the videos, its the first set of red lights at the end of the track.

so first up is the challenger SRT-8, its hard to tell what it is when its coming towards you, but the tails at the end give it away, i raced him twice but cant find the other video

Second video is me against a C6 Vette, this is the second race between us, the first he spun bad and it wasnt even close, so no point in posting that one, this one he hooked but he redlighted bad (by about 2 tenths, i guess he didnt wanna get beat by a hyundai) he ended up leaving the line almost a half second before me, i tracked him down by the end and actually beat him even with his redlight, i get on the brakes right once i cross, he continued through the line more than i did, which makes it look like he was going faster than me, but our traps were very close.

And just for fun a few new pics of my car at the track

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Nice looks like the vette barely got you.

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
ever race against a BMW Z4////////////////\/\////////////////////////////////////////////////M? Sh*t would blow your doors off BK. True story.

haha, great stuff as always.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vette actually lost, he redlighted, and in the vid the finish line is almost parallel to the camera, i got on the brakes as soon as i crossed, he continued through, the person in the near lane is supposed to be in front for the return road so i had to get on the brakes faster than him, but when we crossed i was in front

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ever race against a BMW Z4////////////////\/\////////////////////////////////////////////////M? Sh*t would blow your doors off BK. True story.

haha, great stuff as always.
lol there was one that lost control and almost took out the car next to him ... true story lol, was one of the first races

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Lmao valkare just noticed your sig....who the hell thinks velocity is different depending on your geographical location? LMFAO

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know the vette ran an 8.8 on that one, i ran a 8.5 (had traction issues, so i was about a tenth slower than normal)

the challenger from the looks probably also ran about a 8.8 just because he didnt redlight and i left before him thats why he looks slower than the vette, and again i ran a 8.5, i only ran 1 8.4 that night my other 15 or so runs were 8.5's

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not since i was ihe ... im planning on finishing my nitrous install, getting it dialed in on the 1/8th mile then making a trip to get to a quarter, the only reason i havnt is because if i go i have to have my pit crew go with me lol, i need a place to store my tools/stock tires/jack, while im racing so that means i gotta bring another car with me and its a 2 hour drive to the closest track, so its a big ordeal to make it happen

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
this picture is bad assssss!
it's my new backround pic........ you look like a demon lol

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
did you spray your plates with something?

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no ... i did some light adjustments in the photos in photoshop ... just really really basic levels adjustment, and i think that intensified the glare off the plates, in the original photos that i bought you can read the plate, but between scanning that photo and then the photoshop adjustments it looks like i sprayed them

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
no ... i did some light adjustments in the photos in photoshop ... just really really basic levels adjustment, and i think that intensified the glare off the plates, in the original photos that i bought you can read the plate, but between scanning that photo and then the photoshop adjustments it looks like i sprayed them
haha. i was going to say, not much works, but damn, you did it.

and would it be correct to say that the vette was either not modded, or very lightly modded?

·
Registered
389 Posts
if the tib woulda beat the vette i think the world would have ended right there
Look what he said -

vette actually lost, he redlighted, and in the vid the finish line is almost parallel to the camera, i got on the brakes as soon as i crossed, he continued through, the person in the near lane is supposed to be in front for the return road so i had to get on the brakes faster than him, but when we crossed i was in front

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if the tib woulda beat the vette i think the world would have ended right there
*cough
*cough

it did

bakerking31 said:
i crossed the line first, he passed me after i started braking, i caught him from about .5 seconds back, i left at a rt of 0.8 (bad start i know) he left with a rt of 0.3 which is a redlight (.5 is perfect)

btw i also have a video of me beating a c5 Z06 which im pretty sure is faster than a c6

1 - 20 of 39 Posts