Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
...Be Envied
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning as I walk out of the Sports Facility I work at I notice a large dent in my hood and a major scrape in my front bumper. I looked around but found no cars with damage, sadly.

Now, Michigan has no fault insurance anyway, so even if I found out who did it, the only thing I could do is make them pay for it through a police report or law suit. The hood cannot be opened, so I need to take it somewhere to get it taken off and replaced. The good news is that I already own an aftermarket hood as well as body kit that I was waiting until spring to install. With this, though, I have decided that I would like to go ahead and now have all of it installed hopefully under insurance.

I know other members on this forum have done so after such an accident and I was hoping you people could advise me as to how to go about doing so. All the help you can give is most welcome.

PLEASE HELP! lol

thanks

gMacc

·
Banned
609 Posts
wow that sucks i would be so pissed if i walked outside and saw that on my car

it can probably be fixed though

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
damn that sucks......looks like some reject in an SUV backed up into ur ****.........freakin sad i tell u........

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
FORCE FED FLESH said:
damn that sucks......looks like some reject in an SUV backed up into ur ****.........freakin sad i tell u........

and on the damage at least u got another hood ready/and kit.......but u may need a new hood latch......

·
...Be Envied
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, hopefully I wont have to get the latch fixed, but you might be right.

On another note, I also just remember that I have the Viper 791xv alarm system installed on my car. At no point did the thing ever beep or let me know that the car was hit. Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt the shock sensor supposed to sense this kind of thing and send me a signal or at least sound the alarm. I think I need to head to my installer and give em $hit, too. :3_frusty:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Wow that sucks bro. But yeah your alram should have went off...dunno why it didnt went off.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Just contact your insurance company and they will write you a check for your estimated damage. You can then use that cash to get the kit installed and painted.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
rjcool55 said:
find him and kick his F****** A**
yea what he said atlease you got ur aftermarket parts on hand.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
The only thing that might help is if there is video surveillance of the parking lot. If there is, see if you can get at copy ASAP (before it gets taped over). If there isn't anything like that you're SOL.

·
...Be Envied
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope, no surveillance videos. My dad and a friend own the facility and our club is tightly affiliated with the facility so I know pretty much everyone thats there. There are some people who don't know me but those that do know all about my Tib and how much I love it. It really just sucks that ..."adults" are so irresponsible and immature that they are unable to step up and say sorry i hit your car, here is my insurance information. I probably won't find out who did it, but as I ask around there might be possibility that I can still get insurance to cover it without my rates sky-rocketing.

I can live with the bumper scuff mark but would really like to replace the hood with my new one. Staw is right about Michigan roads in the winter. I really don't want to take that chance with a nice body kit.

Whoever did it better hope I don't find outm because they will hear it from me and I will get them for the hit and run. ...yeah, I'm pretty much on the warpath. lol

·
Registered
265 Posts
It looks like the damage a hitch and ball would make slowly backing up and just bumping into your car. You should be able to find the right car/truck by measuring the point it hit your car from the pavement. All you need is a measuring tape and a little CSI snooping of the rides allowed into the parkinglot. There should be some paint on their hitch and maybe some scrape marks to prove it was them. Your phone camera might not capture the details well enough so use a better camera if you can get your hands on one.

Like the other guys have said it sucks but at least you have parts to replace the bumper and hood with. The hit and run shouldn't effect your insurance rates but check or call your agent and find out what the fine print is regarding the circumstances you are in. Best thing is to find the other car and driver, it'll speed up the repair if you can.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
You may want to check with the cops too. Because here in Texas, if someone hits your car and takes off, the way it is documented is different depending on if it was a public road or on private property (which is your case). But, like everyone else here said, call your agent and ask because a hit-and-run is a different scenario that they might not hold against you:

My advice for what to do:

1) Go to a body shop and get a quick estimate on repairs (that way you can know if the repairs will be more than your deductible. If the damage is less than your deductible, then don't claim it, and pay for the repairs out of pocket except if your Insurance company won't penalize you for a hit-and-run)
2) If the estimate is more than your deductible; ask your agent if your rates will go up if you claim the damage.
3) If the rates go up, ask how much and for HOW LONG; 5 yrs, 7 yrs? (you will want to know if the increase in rates over the length of the increase is more than the damage)

·
Registered
321 Posts
jeez dude that sucks... i swear they should make an alarm system that uses flamethrowers

i'd totally get one.

·
...Be Envied
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YAY! good news!

Insurance will cover it. I pay no deductable (sp?) and my rates do not go up. New Hood is going on and the bumper is being repainted.

Finding who did it won't help me in any way so bah! I'll still look aroudn though.

I wish someone would have done this sooner. lol

·
Registered
415 Posts
Kewl, I'm glad that worked out in your favor.

I was gonna say that as far as I knew your insurance policy can't go up after a claim (in Michigan, if it's not your fault.)

·
Registered
218 Posts
fatlip said:
jeez dude that sucks... i swear they should make an alarm system that uses flamethrowers

i'd totally get one.
lol kinda scary, since i set my own alarm off twice knocking on the remote paging circle on my windshield :3_frusty:

but dude, i'm glad everything worked out for you.. same thing happened to me two cars ago and nothing was done.. chh, state farm was supposed to BE there for me dammit haha

Mike

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
fatlip said:

i'd totally get one.
You know whats funny? They actually do...
I saw it once in a guiness book of world records as the most dangerous car alarm. Too bad its not legal in the us :3_frown: The picture was priceless, a bmw with huge flames comming out the side of the car for like a foot :3_chubby:

Anyways congrats on getting the car fixed!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts