Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Tiburon 04 replaced tank for a 06 and the plug is different.

749 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  The_Evenger 
#1 ·
Can someone tell me or has a schematic for the fuel pump harness for the 06? I changed the fuel tank as mine was rusted and plugged my injectors and fuel filter. I managed to get power for the fuel pump but i cant get the fuel float/ sending unit conected because i dont know wich wires go wich way.
Automotive tire Gas Auto part Automotive fuel system Electrical wiring
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Nail Gas Auto part

See less See more
#2 ·
2002-2004 models had a return style fuel system. In 2005 the fuel system changed to returnless and moved the fuel pressure regulator inside the tank. Your fuel pump assembly needs to match the chassis fuel system type otherwise you will have problems. Currently you have two fuel pressure regulators and no return line from your bank1 fuel rail if you installed a 2006 fuel tank on a 2004 chassis.

#4 ·
I have shared the service manuals and wiring diagrams on my Google drive here:

If you can't find what you need from these manuals I can get you a more specific diagram for that model year out of Mitchell on Demand tomorrow.

Reactions: orlando2513
#5 ·
You'll also want to make sure you switch your 04 fuel level sending unit to the 06 pump assembly. they're physically the same, but electrically a little different. It'll still work, but I believe you'll read empty at 1/4 tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.