Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Hmm... I wouldn't take that, cuz $55 is a bit too cheap.

·
Registered
375 Posts
^^ yes, and i'll start it
an intake is an intake, i dont care who made it, its the same damn pipe with the same filter and couplers
the name on it dictates the price, not the quality because they are all the same

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
^^^ same pipe no- usally the cheaper intakes have thinner piping
same filter- cheap intakes come with filers worth squat

·
Registered
200 Posts
please. what are we talking about here ? a name and maybe 1hp difference ? ive always used ebay intakes because they work. its not something that is too crucial. a pipe is a pipe. now if it was a turbo or some pistons or something crucial like that, i wouldnt go with a noname product. :p

·
Registered
898 Posts
Intake= mandrel bent pipe+K&N filter cost to manufacture like 15 cents......

·
Registered
898 Posts
staw512 said:
and lots of dollars in r and d
True that. So thats what we're basically paying for right?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
not that much in R&D, its a tape measure..you SERIOUSLY think they make like 50 different intakes with just a few degrees of variance in them and dyno them repeatedly to find out which SPECIFIC one makes 1-2 HP difference? hell no, they measure it up, make sure it fits, and start production

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I wont buy a no name off ebay for ANY of my cars. I put a no name on a accord my ex had. MPG went to the crapper....

I'll back the companies that R&D the stuff for us.....not the ones that are knock off's of the orig...

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
you seriously cant blame worse gas mileage on a knock off intake fixer

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Chemik said:
please. what are we talking about here ? a name and maybe 1hp difference ? ive always used ebay intakes because they work. its not something that is too crucial. a pipe is a pipe. now if it was a turbo or some pistons or something crucial like that, i wouldnt go with a noname product. :p
Right, I have an eBay Intake on my Tiburon and works fine for me..Have used it in rain, snow and clear sunny days for quite some time now. I enjoy to tell people it costed $50 after they tell me they spent $260 on their name brand intake. Their jaw drops like their gonna cry and I smile :3_winkthu

fixer, if MPG went to the crapper, why didnt you just replace the filter?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Isn't NOPI a respected brand? Or did I misunderstand?

·
Registered
375 Posts
like stated above, its just piping and a filter, plus i always buy a new filter anyway
who cares what name is on it? its all the same

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
phlash said:
you seriously cant blame worse gas mileage on a knock off intake fixer
how do you figure, took it off and put the OEM stuff back on and it went up.

I still wont buy copies or knock off's. Support the people/compaines that helped us 1st....screw the copy cats.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
GeneralPatton said:
fixer, if MPG went to the crapper, why didnt you just replace the filter?

cause it was brand new and I should have to do that or worry about that with a new product. It was easier to just toss it and not worry about it any more.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts