Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Would anyone recommend, NOT getting this CAI? I am seriously considering it now, since I can afford one.

riot said:
go for it but just get a good filter, i have an ebay shortram with an AEM dryflow and have had no problems

How does yours sound riot? I really wanted SRI not CAI. Is it loud or hollow or throaty or what? Which one did you get?

Discussion starter · #30 ·
riot said:
i have no idea what name it is, just cheep as balls off ebay
I will say, if you are going to go with a cheap intake, I would get Nopi's in house brand, Number one parts version for $55. WHy? Because if it breaks, or you have a problem, you have someone you can call and complain to, either to get a replacement part, or to get it fixed or get a new one. With the ebay one, it may not even be truly designed for your car, it may simply be a bent pipe, or a pipe that happens to "fit" your vehicle. Plus, if anything ever comes up with it, good luck being able to contact the guy that sold it to ou on ebay, let alone getting a refund.

My friend bought the Nopi # 1 headers for his sentra, and when the part was back ordered by a week, he called Nopi's sales office, and he gave him a code for 25% off his next order.

By working with a large company, you are able to hold them accountable, plus, they have to honor their parts, ie if they don't fit or work, you can return them. But, it is your choice. :3_wink:

Discussion starter · #31 ·
riot said:
go for it but just get a good filter, i have an ebay shortram with an AEM dryflow and have had no problems

See it looks good, and I am sure it works ok, (good choice on the AEM synthetic filter ;) ) but it looks like the filter is bent or banging against the wall in the first picture. The lines of the filter look crushed in and being stuck behind the battery, and underneath that white panel, it is not able to get as much air as it could elsewhere. I am sure it works, I just think that while you saved money on the no name e-bay, why not pay similar money and get one designed for the tib like Nopi's? :3_frusty:

Come on, you guys....everyone knows that the Ebay intakes are only good for like 7 whp- you have to pony up for a name brand one for the full 15 whp gain. The aluminum piping that the name brand intakes are made from has a special mojo, yanno ;-)

fixer said:
I wont buy a no name off ebay for ANY of my cars. I put a no name on a accord my ex had. MPG went to the crapper....

I'll back the companies that R&D the stuff for us.....not the ones that are knock off's of the orig...
That may be, but why did it happen? Did that car have a probe-type MAF or something?

Discussion starter · #34 ·
kellydood said:
Come on, you guys....everyone knows that the Ebay intakes are only good for like 7 whp- you have to pony up for a name brand one for the full 15 whp gain. The aluminum piping that the name brand intakes are made from has a special mojo, yanno ;-)
That's funny. :) For me, my last car I got the Injen intake, as they test fit each intake for that particualr car for best fit, then they test the desgin to see which one will increase the HP the most. Finally, all of their intakes are dyno proven to add the extra HP they claim. That plus a superior filter and warranty made it worth it for me. But again, for $55 for a knock off in house brand, from a national company, you can't really go wrong with that if price is your bottom line. :3_smile:

Zona said:
That's funny. :) For me, my last car I got the Injen intake, as they test fit each intake for that particualr car for best fit, then they test the desgin to see which one will increase the HP the most. Finally, all of their intakes are dyno proven to add the extra HP they claim. That plus a superior filter and warranty made it worth it for me. But again, for $55 for a knock off in house brand, from a national company, you can't really go wrong with that if price is your bottom line. :3_smile:
Ah men to that brother.

By the way Kellydoob your sig is probably the most annoying thing i have seen today, that being said its funny lol

I'm gonna have to agree that a pipe is a pipe, especially when its a short ram. The thing isn't long enought to be affected buy a slight bend. Plus on the short rams, the air sucks through there so quick it's not gonna pick up much heat by the time it hits the throttlebody. But deffinatly go with a nice synth dryflow filter.
I bought an AEM kit for $200.00 and I ended up just cutting it short. If i could go back i'd just get the off brand. :3_frusty: live and learn

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.