Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving in second gear. Maybe 3500 rpms. I don't recall what happened but something did. It was either aqudible or tactile, but when I put my foot back on the gas, the car would slow down. I couldn't drive so I coasted over to the side of the road. Turned the car off and tried crank it. Wouldn't crank. It sounded like it was trying to but would not turn over. I get it towed to my house. I was never able to run the check engine light because someone stole my code reader. However I read on here that it could be the Crank Position Sensor so I walked down the road and put one in. Which was no easy feat for me. Took nearly four hours. But anyway, that didn't work. When I turn the key the sound it makes when it tries to crank is better. But it still wont get there. What gives?:frown2:

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
It does at least crank over and over? Never fires?

·
Administrator
8,951 Posts
A bit more specific would help.

Does it spin over normally? If so, does it just spin and no "fire" or "pop"?
If it spins slow, try jumping it off another battery.

If it's real slow on spinning, what happens to the electrics? Does everything shut down?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it just cranks over and over without any fire or pop. Basically like a monotone but with distinguishable notes. May be able to upload a voice recording. The electrics stay on just fine. Lights and wipers, etc. It's confusing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey new to the site and having a similar problem. I have a 06 se and same i was driving down the road and it started losing power and so i pulled of turned it on and off and all was fine continued home and going up the next big hill it didnt have enough power to make it up so i rolled back down the hill parked it and still cant get it to turn over. I have spent most of my day eliminating things with no answers. Started with code reader and only read for my O2 sensor, so i also started with the crank sensor no luck. looked at plugs and the were dry but sparking fine so i assumed the problem could be with the pump and when i crank the car you can hear it kick on. There is also pressure in the hose and i did change the filter. I am now at the point of rechecking fuses and wires. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey new to the site and having a similar problem. I have a 06 se and same i was driving down the road and it started losing power and so i pulled of turned it on and off and all was fine continued home and going up the next big hill it didnt have enough power to make it up so i rolled back down the hill parked it and still cant get it to turn over. I have spent most of my day eliminating things with no answers. Started with code reader and only read for my O2 sensor, so i also started with the crank sensor no luck. looked at plugs and the were dry but sparking fine so i assumed the problem could be with the pump and when i crank the car you can hear it kick on. There is also pressure in the hose and i did change the filter. I am now at the point of rechecking fuses and wires. any help would be appreciated.
That's interesting. I've looked at many of these things myself. I'm hoping I didn't lose compression on a cylinder. I've checked fuses a couple of times, hoping that there was something I had missed. Wire seem to be in order.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It cranks over and over and never fires, yup. Worth noting, after a repair, it threw a TPS at me and idled a little high for maybe two days. And was always fixable by revving and letting it go. So I cleared the code and that issue has never recreated itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
okay just got inside after a long night of checking this and that after towing my tib home. I was able to test the fuel pump, crank sensor, wires, fuses, plugs. still have no idea and still wont fire. The pump ran when i hooked it up and the sensor was fine as well. no codes came up at all when i ran a scan. I even threw a little gas into the plugs which still didnt even get a pop which confuses the hell out of me. Lastly before i called it a night i checked my fuel lines and again all was in order. Officially at a loss, any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay just got inside after a long night of checking this and that after towing my tib home. I was able to test the fuel pump, crank sensor, wires, fuses, plugs. still have no idea and still wont fire. The pump ran when i hooked it up and the sensor was fine as well. no codes came up at all when i ran a scan. I even threw a little gas into the plugs which still didnt even get a pop which confuses the hell out of me. Lastly before i called it a night i checked my fuel lines and again all was in order. Officially at a loss, any help greatly appreciated.
Did you check timing? My belt was my issue. Still won't start after a replaced belt though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got a 03 Tiburon V6 was driving home everything was fine and it cut off I pulled over to side of road and couldn't get it to do anything dash lights will come on I'm pretty sure its stuck in 3rd gear I've had somebody tell me it was the automatic transmission module any ideas before I spend 500 bucks on a new one.

·
Administrator
8,951 Posts
Got a 03 Tiburon V6 was driving home everything was fine and it cut off I pulled over to side of road and couldn't get it to do anything dash lights will come on I'm pretty sure its stuck in 3rd gear I've had somebody tell me it was the automatic transmission module any ideas before I spend 500 bucks on a new one.
Please stop cross posting....we understand you're upset and want answers....I replied to your other thread.....read, reply, get free answers.....

Locking thread.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.