Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon gt v6 coupe with the slap shift. Got it for 200$ seller said it would never run. I’ve been driving this Baby for a full year. I love this car it’s my first car. Fast Enough and pretty. Had a gas issue where it wouldn’t let me pump gas into it. Replaced purge valve solenoid. Gas cap. Gas regulator. Vacuum line.All before the Charcoal canister blew up. And it didn’t help but after the charcoal canister was gone it fixed the issue Taking off the back vent valve with it. But now it back worse then ever Bout 6-7 months after . My engine stumbles like the car wants to die once u put it in drive or when u brake. Engine is taking little longer to start. U put it in drive and start to drive and boom u hear like a bass hit once while the car jerks. It’s starting to make weird noises when shifting into reverse or drive like it doesn’t want to. I love this car but it never ends.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I doubt that the charcoal canister could cause acceleration/starting problems.
did you check you Fuel Pressure Regulator?
does it start quicker if you run it them shut it off, then try to start it again?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I’ve put on a new fuel pressure regulator before I did the hose would fly off it and make gas gush out Of it whilE driving.

·
Registered
2003 Tiburon GT / Auto trans
1 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 03 accord(i know its not a tiburon), the cat was clogged, try running some cataclean in your fuel system, its about $30 for a bottle of it, follow the instructions to a T and see if it helps, at least till you can have a shop check your cat out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts